Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who do you have a crush on?

*Rhett Butler in "Gone with the Wind."* - MissGoddess

All I can picture is a moon-faced MissG. sitting at her dressing table singing "Dear Mr. Gable"... Maybe TCM should film a "remake" starring "MissGoddess".

Did you hear Richard Gere "call out" Clark Gable as being sensitive (or vulnerable?) in GWTW during his "Under The Influence" interview last week?

Kyle In Hollywood

All I can picture is a moon-faced MissG. sitting at her dressing table singing "Dear Mr. Gable"... Maybe TCM should film a "remake" starring "MissGoddess".

That would be an awesome promo, Kyle! Maybe they could do it in the same style as the kimpunkrock promo... it would be great! B-)

She certainly was -- as Morticia, I believe. I was also thinking of her Oscar-nominated performance in THE BACHELOR PARTY, playing the Greenwich Village Existentialist in two scenes that lasted a total of only 6 minutes and 10 seconds (yes, I timed it). It set a record for the shortest Oscar-nominated performance.

Also, as the free spirit who finally gets married in MARJORIE MORNINGSTAR. To me, she was the best thing about that movie, with Gene Kelly a close second.

> {quote:title=hlywdkjk wrote:}{quote}

> *Rhett Butler in "Gone with the Wind."* - MissGoddess

>

> All I can picture is a moon-faced MissG. sitting at her dressing table singing "Dear Mr. Gable"... Maybe TCM should film a "remake" starring "MissGoddess".

>

> Did you hear Richard Gere "call out" Clark Gable as being sensitive (or vulnerable?) in GWTW during his "Under The Influence" interview last week?

>

> Kyle In Hollywood

Hi Kyle!

:D:D:D I don't know how Judy was able to sound coherent gazing at my beloved big-ears.

Yes, I did see that Elvis Mitchell interview with Gere. In a way, I agree with what he was

trying to say. There is a curious vulenrability that Gable projected now and then, especially

in that scene with Melanie when he breaks down over Scarlett. And his eyes sometimes

look "hurt" to me. I think all the really, really great stars had some degree of vulnerability

to them. Well, most of my favorites anyway.

Hi Maven!

Yes, I do sing, if you consider a sort of Marilyn-Monroe type of voice singing. In other

words, no I can't really sing. :P

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> love that Bronxgirl list! :D I didn't know you were as fond of Harry Carey as I am!

> I love his voice!

>

> Have you seen him in Straight Shooting (a silent by Ford)?

I've always thought Harry was a pip the first time I saw him in some silent that was showing w-a-a-y back in New York when I was living there; for all I know it could have been STRAIGHT SHOOTING, but I really don't know. I do remember he was all in black and had two guns in each hand, waiting for the bad guys.

> {quote:title=faceinthecrowd wrote:}{quote}

> She certainly was -- as Morticia, I believe. I was also thinking of her Oscar-nominated performance in THE BACHELOR PARTY, playing the Greenwich Village Existentialist in two scenes that lasted a total of only 6 minutes and 10 seconds (yes, I timed it). It set a record for the shortest Oscar-nominated performance.

>

> Also, as the free spirit who finally gets married in MARJORIE MORNINGSTAR. To me, she was the best thing about that movie, with Gene Kelly a close second.

I haven't seen "The Addams Family" TV series in decades, and I also don't think I've watched *The Bachelor Party* or *Marjorie Morningstar* any time recently. So I would definitely like to keep CJ in mind if I do watch any of those. Who knows, I may even start a "fans of Carolyn Jones" thread around here.

(She did make a strong impression on the TV show, even if I haven't watched it in decades).

6. "'Geechie' Mobley" (Cathy O'Donnell in They Live by Night)

theylive6.jpg

5. "Laurie Jorgensen" (Vera Miles in The Searchers)

searchers3.jpg

4. "Penny Worth" (Gail Russell in Angel and the Badman)

angelandthebadman9.jpg

3. "MISS Krausheimer" (Carole Lombard in Mrs. and Mrs. Smith)

smith5.jpg

2."Mary Kate Thornton" (Maureen O'Hara in The Quiet Man)

quietman5.jpg

1. "Francie Stevens" (Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief)

tocatchathief1-1.jpg

tocatchathief2.jpg

It appears you have something for women with hands on hips!?

Very much so!

I've never seen Holiday Affair before. Can you tell me why you have a crush on "Connie Ennis"? It's a movie I'm curious to see because I like Robert Mitchum and Janet Leigh.

Are you a Celtics fan?

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> It appears you have something for women with hands on hips!?

>

> Very much so!

>

> I've never seen Holiday Affair before. Can you tell me why you have a crush on "Connie Ennis"? It's a movie I'm curious to see because I like Robert Mitchum and Janet Leigh.

>

> Are you a Celtics fan?

Someone else mentioned the Celtics on this board to me...I don't really follow basketball, Ray Allen is actually my name.

As far as Holiday Affair, I think it's a real under-rated gem.

Janet Leigh's character seems very vulnerable, and is just so feminine (hopefully I'm not coming across as chauvinistic...I'm really just old-fashioned.)

One other thing. Connie Ennis reminds me quite a bit of my first love many years ago, so that probably is the main reason!

As far as Holiday Affair, I think it's a real under-rated gem.

Janet Leigh's character seems very vulnerable, and is just so feminine (hopefully I'm not coming across as chauvinistic...I'm really just old-fashioned.)

I caught *Holiday Affair* for the first time on TCM, way before it was out on DVD. It was one of the most enjoyable Christmas-themed movies I've ever caught on any channel. And I don't think there's anything chauvinistic about appreciating someone because she's so feminine... :)

> {quote:title=Film_Fatale wrote:}{quote}

> > I caught *Holiday Affair* for the first time on TCM, way before it was out on DVD. It was one of the most enjoyable Christmas-themed movies I've ever caught on any channel. And I don't think there's anything chauvinistic about appreciating someone because she's so feminine... :)

Thanks! I was just a littled worried because I used "vulnerable" and "feminine" in the same sentence, and didn't want it to come across the wrong way. That movie was, afterall, quite a few years ago.

> {quote:title=rayallen wrote:}{quote}

> Thanks! I was just a littled worried because I used "vulnerable" and "feminine" in the same sentence, and didn't want it to come across the wrong way. That movie was, afterall, quite a few years ago.

Well, gender roles were generally more strictly enforced in that era, by which I mean of course that women were very much expected to act a certain way. I think that there's a certain kind of charm to the way things used to be, even though we can probably accept they need not be exactly like that in this day and age!

Personally, it's not unusual in my experience to look at the past with rose-coloured glasses, if you will, and look at it in the most positive way possible - so that's how I would usually take a comment like that. :)

Haaaah! This thread is awesome! Thank you, Scott, for bringing it to my attention ;)

Okay, my current crushes:

Mel Gibson:

th_3d83cac4.jpg

th_mel_gibson_01.jpg

th_melgibson2.jpg

th_punishment80.jpg

th_42-17609250.jpg

th_876766fa.jpg

th_c43e4b0f.jpg

Why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAqpcuIqODo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5--ikL5wYI

Max Rockatansky

th_guerr9-1.jpg

th_maxtheman-1.jpg

th_MAX8.jpg

th_PDVD_027.jpg

Why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkriid1YxHY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p07Rr-_EdOk

Gary Cooper:

th_c538_1.jpg

th_garyall19.jpg

th_forwhomthebelltolls41.jpg

Why

Peter Strauss:

th_n545726409_1496759_6728-1.jpg

th_n545726409_1519164_9738-1.jpg

th_n545726409_1515361_167-1.jpg

Jason Statham:

th_001JasonStatham.jpg

th_statham-deathrace-fl.jpg

Why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPmT8G-2WJQ

Christian Bale:

th_2006_the_prestige_045.jpg

th_christian-bale-3.png

th_christian-bale-sweaty.jpg

th_christian_bale.jpg

th_christian_bale_05.jpg

th_prestige2.jpg

Why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgNVC6Hv4KE

I do, of course, have more, but I'll have to post them another time :(

Someone else mentioned the Celtics on this board to me...I don't really follow basketball, Ray Allen is actually my name.

Cool.

As far as Holiday Affair, I think it's a real under-rated gem. Janet Leigh's character seems very vulnerable, and is just so feminine (hopefully I'm not coming across as chauvinistic...I'm really just old-fashioned.)

I don't find that to be chauvinistic at all. In fact, I believe most women would take your words to be kind and sweet.

One other thing. Connie Ennis reminds me quite a bit of my first love many years ago, so that probably is the main reason!

That's really nice. So the crush remains.

Christian Bale is one of the most interesting of contemporary actors. Hope he won't get typecast with the superhero kind of movies (he is good in those, tho). What he did to his own body for *The Machinist* was amazing - forget about Robert DeNiro in *Raging Bull*.

Well lookie what the studs dragged in. Hi, Mrs. Coop!

How do you have time for them all! :P

I do, of course, have more, but I'll have to post them another time

You have more?! :D:P

That's an interesting mix of men you've got going on. Okay, okay, pick a character of those actors that you have a crush one. Who's at the top?

By the way, I also like Christian Bale.