Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who do you have a crush on?

What Christian did in The Machinist was insanity!

My first film of his was *Equilibrium.* I LOVED that movie. Then I saw *Machinist* and I was terrified -- especially when I saw the side-view of his stomach (or the lack thereof). He lost a ton of weight simply by not eating. Then when the director asked him for *Batman* he powered up to over 200 lbs, but actually overshot his goal and lost the remainder.

http://www.webomatica.com/images/blog/gaf_bale2.jpg

He's still incredibly handsome -- I just adore his accent in *The Prestige*. And I know I'm strange for saying this, but his teeth and lips are incredibly sexy.

> {quote:title=MrsCooper wrote:}{quote}

> What Christian did in The Machinist was insanity!

> My first film of his was *Equilibrium.* I LOVED that movie. Then I saw *Machinist* and I was terrified -- especially when I saw the side-view of his stomach (or the lack thereof). He lost a ton of weight simply by not eating. Then when the director asked him for *Batman* he powered up to over 200 lbs, but actually overshot his goal and lost the remainder.

>

> http://www.webomatica.com/images/blog/gaf_bale2.jpg

>

> He's still incredibly handsome -- I just adore his accent in *The Prestige*. And I know I'm strange for saying this, but his teeth and lips are incredibly sexy.

Oh, I don't see anything particularly strange about that.

Do you know what was the first movie was that I saw Christian Bale in? I kid you not... *Newsies*. The less I say about that, the better. But he is pretty talented, no question about it. And as for the weight loss part... well, losing even 5 pounds can seem like such a huge task to me sometimes. So, obviously, I admire him for what he did - and hope he won't be doing that again, it could be hazardous to his health.

How do you have time for them all!

I'm an extreme multitasker. I can talk on the phone with Jason while I'm preparing dinner for Mel, then I have an appointment with Gary at the local movie theater, but I have to be real careful about that one because as I'm sitting left of Gary, I'll have Christian sitting on my right. :P

You have more?!

Oh, of course! ;)

That's an interesting mix of men you've got going on.

So I've heard.

I can't help it -- I always seem to fall for the older guys. I think Christian Bale is actually the youngest of my celebrity crushes.

Okay, okay, pick a character of those actors that you have a crush one. Who's at the top?

Mel Gibson, probably. But I have yet to barrel through my Christian Bale, Jason Statham marathon on Netflix, so get back to me on that one a little later :D

By the way, I also like Christian Bale.

Surprising. I was almost sure I was gonna get teased mercilessly for this English heartthrob...

> {quote:title=MrsCooper wrote:}{quote}

> *Newsies* is in my Netflix queue; it looked interesting, but I much rather prefer him in his 30's.

>

> Indeed, I admire him as well for his dedication to the film, but I was worried to see him so thin!

I don't know if *Newsies* deserved the critical trashing it received when it came out, I remember because I was in college and it was definitely not considered "cool" to be interested in movie musicals, much less one with an all-kid cast. I should try and watch it again one of these days.

Oddly enough, director Kenny Ortega's career seems to have enjoyed quite a boost lately, thanks to the *High School Musical* movies... which I don't particularly like, but I'm happy to see the genre becoming popular with youngsters once again. B-)

I'm an extreme multitasker. I can talk on the phone with Jason while I'm preparing dinner for Mel, then I have an appointment with Gary at the local movie theater, but I have to be real careful about that one because as I'm sitting left of Gary, I'll have Christian sitting on my right. :P

:D That's what I've missed around here!

I can't help it -- I always seem to fall for the older guys. I think Christian Bale is actually the youngest of my celebrity crushes.

Ahhh, but you like young Coop the best.

Mel Gibson, probably. But I have yet to barrel through my Christian Bale, Jason Statham marathon on Netflix, so get back to me on that one a little later

You Silly Goose! What character of theirs do you have the biggest crush on? You did list Mad Max. So is he your Mel character crush? How about Coop?

By the way, I also like Christian Bale.

Surprising. I was almost sure I was gonna get teased mercilessly for this English heartthrob.

Ohhh, there are plenty other things to tease you about. I like Bale as Batman.

> {quote:title=rayallen wrote:}{quote}

> Someone else mentioned the Celtics on this board to me...I don't really follow basketball, Ray Allen is actually my name.

LOL! That was me. I remember I asked you about it right after you had joined the boards...Lakers are my fav team.

> {quote:title=ILoveRayMilland wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=rayallen wrote:}{quote}

> > Someone else mentioned the Celtics on this board to me...I don't really follow basketball, Ray Allen is actually my name.

>

> LOL! That was me. I remember I asked you about it right after you had joined the boards...Lakers are my fav team.

That was you...! I couldn't remember.

I watched the love of my life again last night...Ann Hilton from Since You Went Away. Others that quickly come to mind include;

Kathleen Yorke in Rio Grande

Lisa Freemont in Rear Window

Gillian Holroyd in Bell, Book & Candle

Alison Palmer in The Russians Are Coming

Moira Davidson in On the Beach

and probably a whole lot more!

Zohra Lampert in PAY OR DIE

Gloria Grahame in THE BIG HEAT--HUMAN DESIRE--NOT AS A STRANGER--ODDS AGAINST TOMORROW--THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL

Helen Mirren in anything, at any age

Viveca Lindfors in almost anything

Anjelica Huston in THE GRIFTERS

Gail Russell in THE ANGEL AND THE BADMAN (she was the angel!)

Isabelle Huppert in LA CEREMONIE--MA MERE--THE PIANO TEACHER--HEAVEN'S GATE

Marta Toren in CASBAH

Hedy Lamarr in ALGIERS

Hazel Court in THE MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH

Ann Sheridan in THEY DRIVE BY NIGHT--KINGS ROW

Lilli Palmer in BODY AND SOUL

Claudette Colbert in CLEOPATRA--SIGN OF THE CROSS

Ida Lupino in ROAD HOUSE--DEEP VALLEY--THE HARD WAY

Suzanne Pleshette in WALL OF NOISE

Message was edited by: faceinthecrowd

Message was edited by: faceinthecrowd

okay frankie, im making a list, b/c you said i could. heehee!

Noah Wyle, in The Librarian

29ysftk.jpg

Smithy (Ronald Colman), in Random Harvest

z_rh_10_watching_the_biffer.jpg

inside-dvd-random.jpg

Melody!! (Gary Cooper), in Along Came Jones

c6.jpg

my favorite pic!

alongcamejones3.jpg?t=1229013302

Mr. Darcy (Laurence Olivier), Pride and Prejudice

z_pp_smirks_3.jpg

DONT ANYONE LAUGH AT ME! thats including you, frankie! heehee!

Wong Fei-hung (Jackie Baby!!), The Legend of Drunken Master

MV5BMTMzNTEwNzgyN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzM5NzY3._V1._SX475_SY331_.jpg

now who could ask for more than a kung fu cowboy! heehee!

knights.jpg

jackie-chan-picture-2.jpg

Daniel Radcliffe

Daniel-Radcliffe.jpg

Bullwhip Griffin (Roddy McDowell), Adventures of Bullwhip Griffin

i absolutely love Roddy, in anything he did. he was so cute! this is my favorite movie of his!

5164Z7EJ1AL._SL500.jpg

You like them at all ages, don't you Miss Tea! ;)

Here are some more of mine:

*Tom Santschi* as "Bull" in *3 Bad Men*

3BadMen-TomSantschi.jpg

*Rod Taylor* as Mitch Brenner in *The Birds*

birds4.jpg?t=1229018601

*Sean Connery* as Mark Rutland in *Marnie*

marnie-doorslam.jpg

*Gary Cooper* as O'Hara in *The General Died at Dawn*

GCTheGeneralDiedatDawn.jpg?t=1229019057

hey dahlink!!

hey i dont like anyone who's younger than i am, well i dont crush on any of them anyway. heehee!

*Tom Santschi as "Bull" in 3 Bad Men*

oh my goodness! i havent seen this in sooooo long! 3 Bad Men , i remember as being very interesting. but i dont fine it surpriseing that you have him down from an early JOHN FORD....heehee! i found him quite charming too! heehee!

is The Birds, your favortie Rod Taylor film? i think my favorite of his would have to be Glass Bottom Boat......oh by the way, speaking of The birds....i mailed your Christmas Present yesterday!! it will get to you in about 2 or 3 days hopefully! i think youll like it! ;)

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}

> hey dahlink!!

>

Bonjour!

> hey i dont like anyone who's younger than i am, well i dont crush on any of them anyway. heehee!

>

Well I hope not! I wouldn't want to have to call you a cradle robber. :P:D

> *Tom Santschi as "Bull" in 3 Bad Men*

>

> oh my goodness! i havent seen this in sooooo long! 3 Bad Men , i remember as being very interesting. but i dont fine it surpriseing that you have him down from an early JOHN FORD....heehee! i found him quite charming too! heehee!

>

You should watch it again and join the discussion in "Rambles"! I would figure this

for a movie you'd like.

> is The Birds, your favortie Rod Taylor film? i think my favorite of his would have to be Glass Bottom Boat......oh by the way, speaking of The birds....i mailed your Christmas Present yesterday!! it will get to you in about 2 or 3 days hopefully! i think youll like it! ;)

It's one of my favorite Roddies, yes, but I like him in just about everything, including

*The Glass Bottom Boat* and didn't he do another with Doris that was set in London

and Paris? TCM hasn't shown that one in a while, I forget the title as usual. He was

so gorgeous!

Hey, Lonesome Rhodes -- Gloria Grahame in THE BIG HEAT--HUMAN DESIRE--NOT AS A STRANGER--ODDS AGAINST TOMORROW--THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL

I like your style. Welcome to the board!

Your list is quite interesting.

If you had to pick just one Gloria character, which one gets the call from you?

Hi, Andy O -- You named one gal that I should have included on my list:

bellbookandcandle9.jpg

I wouldn't say I have a crush on her, but I absolutely loved Honey Bear Kelly in Mogambo, ("What do you know, its a kangaroo." LOL, I almost died when she said that and it was actually a rhino!) and lovely Ava again as maxine in The Night of the Iguana. And I have a big crush on Clark Gable in It Happened One Night, Fred Astaire in Swing Time, Jimmy Stewart in The Philadelphia Story and Cary Grant in Bringing Up Baby.

And on a completely unrelated topic...Millie, you're a Laker's fan?! Oh no, Celtics all the way!!!!!!! I don't know, are we really anything alike at all? But hey, my father happens to be a Lakers fan, and he lives in a house full of Celtics fans. So I guess ur alright Millie; how could you not be? You love Audrey and Ingrid as much as I do.

A couple of more that come to mind;

A young Jean Simmons as Estelle in Great Expectations

and two from my childhood...Rosemary Forsyth as Jennie Anderson in Shenandoah

Francoise Dorleac as Bortei in Gengis Khan

She was the older sister of Catherine Deneuve and was killed in a car crash at the age of 25.