• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

June Allyson Fans

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

For the June Allyson fans on Christmas Day:

*Little Women* (1949) 2:15pm ET

The four daughters of a New England family fight for happiness during and after the Civil War.

Cast: June Allyson, Peter Lawford, Margaret O'Brien, Elizabeth Taylor Dir: Mervyn LeRoy C-122 mins, TV-G

Original trailer:

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index/?o_cid=mediaroomlink&cid=18855

• 2 months later...

For fans of June Allyson - don't miss one of her best performances in Little Women, coming up next on TCM:

*Little Women* (1949)

The four daughters of a New England family fight for happiness during and after the Civil War.

Cast: June Allyson, Peter Lawford, Margaret O'Brien, Elizabeth Taylor Dir: Mervyn LeRoy C-122 mins, TV-G

Besides the timbre of her voice, it's the way she talks through her teeth (if that makes any sense) that annoys me; perhaps it's meant to sound cultured or sophisticated. Whatever it is, it's like a buzzing noise that I can't tolerate.

But Junie was a cutie pie! How could you say that about such a darling person? :D Heehee!

I'm looking forward to *Two Sisters from Boston* tomorrow morning, seems like I've been requesting it for years now. And I'm glad I asked for a reminder, since I had it marked on my to-watch list at 7am, but the reminder said it was now at 10am. Whew...

Yesteray I watched Junie with grandmama in Battle Circus. I think it's such a great movie and love the attempted chemistry with her and Bogie. It's way too cute to watch them together with her screwball ways fascinating him every minute of the way. There are so many hilarious scenes in their scenes together without them actually trying to be funny. Heehee! I just looove Junie!

Battle_circus.jpg

2890120673_061b4a3de1.jpg

Nice pictures! Although not my favorite June Allyson films, it's still neat to see her and Bogie work together. By the way, did anyone know that the working title of Battle Circus was MASH ?

Edited by: audreyforever on Mar 9, 2010 2:35 PM

> {quote:title=audreyforever wrote:}{quote}

> Nice pictures! Although not my favorite June Allyson films, it's still neat to see her and Bogie work together. By the way, did anyone know that the working title of Battle Circus was MASH ?

>

Yes, I do remember reading that. Just imagine if they'd gone ahead with the working title, Robert Altman would have been so out of luck. ;)

She was cute, She was adorable, she was the all-American girl next door and she could sing and dance quite well, BUT........ every time i see her I also see Rachael Ray and she can cook and shes cute and adorable, BUT...... see where i was heading with this? However, i loved her too, but lets not have a marathon after all how much pasta can a fellow handle at one time??.

Rachael Ray is cute and adorable? Nnnnnno. I can't listen to her for two minutes. I could easily watch a 48-hour June Allyson marathon.

Edited by: patful on Mar 9, 2010 6:55 PM