Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Are You Watching For EASTER?

Does anyone else like to watch movies at certain times of year? I know at Christmas most people indulge in a holiday film or two, but what about a day like Easter? I always get in the mood for a big old religious epic every year at this time, or even just a secular historical epic, like SPARTACUS. It doesn't have to specifically relate to the tenets of Easter, it could be EASTER PARADE or even allegorical films like CHANGING LANES, which symbolically takes place on Good Friday, or COOL HAND LUKE which uses Christ motifs throughout its story.

TCM has a great lineup this Easter. I'm going to watch DeMille's 1927 KING OF KINGS, which I've never seen. What are you going to watch?

i watched king of kings last nite too. I liked it

especially knowing i was seeing cecil's own backyard....

he was a man who liked to do biblical cinema & Hollywood

excepted him doing his thing. He was a director with all

the gusto of a moses with a megaphone in his hand....

thank god that he was every Easter we reap the benefits

of his fine biblical story telling and a bit of faith

to touch our souls. Also the movies the Robe, the ten

commanments, & Ben Hur. Cecil for your hard work for our cinema enjoyment thank you & God Bless.

That happened to me too! It was so funny. Picture a dog the size of Asta. I enter the dinning room and smack dab in the middle of the table, a beautiful galazed ham butt with my dogs standing over it with a mouth full of meat. He sees me, I see him, were frozen in time starring at each other. The look on his face (the "Oh sh!t" look) was so pricless I couldn't get mad and just burst out laughing. We still chuckle about it everytime we bring it up.

harlowkeatongirl,

This is just a suggestion.This is a long film that needs to be seen without commercial interuptions!If possible,rent a DVD of the film.The colors are fantistic and you can see the film in WIDESCREEN on the DVD. Add to that the effect of a Dolby 5-1 digital soundtrack,and you'll see the movie as it should be seen.A TV pan and scan is not the best way to go on this one.

Hey, bggalaxy & mongo, something similar happened in my family one Easter. For some reason, the ham was left on the counter, ready to go into the oven as soon as we got back from church. When we opened the door, there was the ham, or what was left of it, on the floor, with these strange claw marks and little bites all over it. It seems my sister's monstrous cat, (often called Frankenstein behind his back), had decided that this thoughtful morsel must've been left for him. We ate Chinese food that year.

We'll probably be catching up with "Seabiscuit" this holiday. Happy Easter & I hope that Passover was peaceful for everyone.

I'm so tempted to say that I'll have one eye on the Easter Bunny, whom I imagine to be about the same build and stature as "Harvey", and the other eye on my cat who won't have Ham to feast on, but bears watching anyway. ;)

But, it's for sure that I will also watch again (first time since I saw it in the movie theatre) "The Ten Commandments". I'm betting that I've forgotten enough of it that it will feel like a first-time viewing all over again. Neat! ML

mongo, bggalaxy, and moira, I laughed my head off at your stories! I even read them out loud to my hubby! bggalaxy, that is one bold dog you have there! Our family dog once spent all night lying on the floor next to the coffee table because my mom had left a bowl of potato chips on the coffee table when she went to bed. The dog just waited patiently for someone to give her a chip! Of course, I had to give her the whole bowl after that...lol!

Sandy K

Reminds me of my Grandfathers dog,"Watch".He was a farm dog who would stay gone a week at a time.He would raid other farms and bring home his loot and place the food on our kitchen floor!For punishment,Granddad would cut off the tip of his tail[just a bit of hair].The dog would stay home until the tip grew back,then he was off again.He never learned his lesson.

Have a Blessed Easter everyone!

Well went to Disneys "Home on the Range" on Easter. It was not my choice (mom, wife and daughter had the vote and dad and I followed). If you have kids or einjoy Disney films, go see this, you'll be entertained. I was surprised because the previews said to me to wait until it's released on DVD and rent it. It made for a nice family outing