Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, If you could be any character in any movie...

...who would you be and why?

They don't have to be the leads...In fact you can have one in each category.

I'll go first...

Supporting Role

Arthur Keats in "The Postman always Rings Twice", because he's the smartest one in the film. If I can't have him, I'll take Barton Keyes in "Double Indemnity" or Dr. Einstein in "Arsenic and Old Lace" . They have fun but they don't get killed.

Lead

Don Diego Vega in "The Mark of Zorro" (1940) because he gets to fight with Basil Rathbone and make out with Linda Darnell...That and the mask thing...

Right now, it just occurred to me that it might be fun to be Mary Poppins - but that might just be because I'm watching *The Age of Believing* -- again!! ;)

Whatever character I would choose, it would probably be one having special or magical powers. So it could be Mary Poppins, Jennifer from *I Married a Witch* (played by Veronica Lake), or Orlando as played by Tilda Swinton in the 1992 adaptation of the Virginia Woolf novel. Or maybe Gil Holroyd from *Bell Book and Candle* (played by Kim Novak).

> {quote:title=edkockenlocker wrote:}{quote}

> Don Diego Vega in "The Mark of Zorro" (1940) because he gets to fight with Basil Rathbone and make out with Linda Darnell...That and the mask thing...

And you would also have gorgeous eyes.

*Myself*, I think I would want to be either Frances Stevens (Grace Kelly) in *"To Catch A Thief"* or Mrs. Smith (Carole Lombard) in *"Mr. And Mrs. Smith"* .

But, there's also, Lucy Warriner (Irene Dunne) in *"The Awful Truth"* and Hildy Johnson (Rosalind Russell) in *"His Girl Friday"* .

Sabrina Fairchild (Audrey Hepburn) in *"Sabrina"* has AMAZING clothes (and can crack eggs with one hand to make an excellent souffle).

And Jan Morrow in *"Pillow Talk"* has a pretty cool looking apartment.

AHHH! I can't decide!

I'd be Robin Hood, because I look stunning in green tights.

As a close second, I'd be Dirty Harry, because I like the idea of shooting people legally.

For a supporting role, I'd be Mantan Moreland in anything, if I could only figure out how to get my eyes to bug out that much.

My choice would have to be Geoff Carter (Cary Grant) from Only Angels Have Wings because his confidence makes him fearless.

Myself, I think I would want to be either Frances Stevens (Grace Kelly) in "To Catch A Thief" or Mrs. Smith (Carole Lombard) in "Mr. And Mrs. Smith" .

Excellent choices, Miss Milland!

Well, besides Armand Duval (who had Garbo as his lover), and Larry Darrell (who was the greatest "soul searcher" in movies), I think I will stretch myself and want to be Peter Blood! What a guy: educated, courageous, adventurous, duels with Rathbone, and ends up with Olivia as governor of the island!

I would like to be Doris Day...in just about any musical she was ever in ...so that way I could just bust out singing anytime I felt like it, and nobody would look at me like I was a wacko. (at least not for that reason anyway) :-)

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> I'd be Robin Hood, because I look stunning in green tights.

>

> As a close second, I'd be Dirty Harry, because I like the idea of shooting people legally.

>

How would you like to be Dirty Robin Hood Harry? Then you could shoot people legally while looking stunning in green tights. ;)

> {quote:title=Film_Fatale wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> > I'd be Robin Hood, because I look stunning in green tights.

> >

> > As a close second, I'd be Dirty Harry, because I like the idea of shooting people legally.

> >

>

> How would you like to be Dirty Robin Hood Harry? Then you could shoot people legally while looking stunning in green tights. ;)

And that would make other people's eyes bug out.

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=Film_Fatale wrote:}{quote}

> > > {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> > > I'd be Robin Hood, because I look stunning in green tights.

> > >

> > > As a close second, I'd be Dirty Harry, because I like the idea of shooting people legally.

> > >

> >

> > How would you like to be Dirty Robin Hood Harry? Then you could shoot people legally while looking stunning in green tights. ;)

>

> And that would make other people's eyes bug out.

It sure would! :P

The beauty of this is that you can pick more than one... I haven't done Comedy yet.

Look, I'll go again.

Support...Ambrose "Muggsy" Murgatroyd or Horace Pike in "The Lady Eve" (Actually any Preston Sturges supporting character, hence my nickname)

Lead: Either Rufus T. Firefly in "Duck Soup", or Leonard Zelig in "Zelig"

But it is the wrong color...I thought your hat was at least grey....or is it black????????? :)

:D Remember, this thread is about "if you could be any..." Us "black hats" sometimes wish to be good, but then we revert back to our fun and games. :P