Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
phillygl24

Alfred Hitchcock. Enough said.

There is only one Alfred Hitchcock. His combination of humor, and horror is at times unsettling and always enjoyable :D Well, that's my opinion, anyway. What do you think of this master of suspense? What was his best cameo appearance?

Hitchcock is one of my favorites as well. I love "Vertigo," although I had to watch it twice before I really understood what was going on. My favorite cameo of his is when he's walking the two poodles - I think it's from "Psycho" - I just found it funny to see him walking these two frilly looking poodles - very unlike him.

My favorite cameo is Hitch boarding a train with a double-bass In "Strangers on a Train".

Moviejoe he was walking the poodles coming out of the pet shop in "The Birds".

Mongo

If I'm not his number one fan, I am probably up there. I even got a kick out of HIGH ANXIETY, which poked fun at his films. Two moments that had me laughing the most were the tributes to PSYCHO and THE BIRDS. (the shower scene and the pigeons in the park)

I like his cameo in ROPE. It's been a while since I saw it, but I seem to remember the entire movie took place in real time in an apartment. At one point someone looks out the window and sees Hitchcock walking.

Alfred Hitchcock is my favorite director of all time. As a little girl I would always would watch his movies especially "Shadow of a Doubt". My favorite cameo of his would have to be in "Blackmail", when he is on the train and the little boy is annoying him.

I love Alfred Hitchcock as well.

My favorites?

Jeez, I love all of his movies. The ones I like less well are probably The Birds and Rope, though I love Psycho.

My favorites are probably Strangers on a Train (my god that cinematography!), Notorious, Vertigo, and Rear Window. I also quite adore Rebecca. And The Lodger. And North by Northwest.

> I love Alfred Hitchcock as well.

> My favorites?

> Jeez, I love all of his movies. The ones I like less

> well are probably The Birds and Rope, though I love

> Psycho.

>

> My favorites are probably Strangers on a Train (my

> god that cinematography!), Notorious, Vertigo, and

> Rear Window. I also quite adore Rebecca. And The

> Lodger. And North by Northwest.

Oops, leave it to me to not read the topic. *eyeroll*

My favorite cameo of his is probably The Birds. He's just so gosh darned cute!

I watched the ending of "Marnie" yesterday and it was so stupid. I remember liking this movie when I was a kid but when I saw the ending yesterday it was so OVER THE TOP!! I guess Tippi Hedren was fairly new in films at the time this came out, but she just could not handle the emotion of the last scene. And the woman who played her mother wasn't too convincing either. Not one of Hitchcock's finest moments.

I remember watching Hitchcock's tv show in reruns on Nick At Nite, and will never forget the one in which Barbara Bel Geddes plays a housewife whose husband comes home to announce he's leaving her, and she wops him upside the head with a frozen leg of lamb. I won't give away the ending in case someone hasn't seen it, but it was too cool for words! I saw "North by Northwest" for the first time a few months ago, and it was good. "Psycho" scared the daylights out of me when I first saw it on TV as a teenager. "The Birds" was shocking and scary, too IMO.

I'm with you Brak. Although I like the movie, there were tons of things that disturbed me about it. For one thing, the Diane Baker character obviously wants Sean and he can't or won't see it. She's much more appealing than the frigid, klepto. But Hitch and his blondes....Also did you catch the matte painting at the end of Marnie's ma's street in Baltimore with the big ship. Looks more fake than the lagoon on Gilligan's Island.