Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Barbara Lamarr

Happy Holidays! Indeed "The Woman who was To Beautiful" has been sadly forgotten for the most part. However, her name was Corinne Griffith, not Barbara La Marr! Griffith was generally considered the most beautiful woman in Hollywood during the 20's, and deservedly so I think.

I have seen La Marr, in at least 3 films, THE PRISONER OF ZENDA (1922), SOULS FOR SALE (1923), and maybe a couple others. Sad to say that I never even noticed she was there. By contrast, the first time I saw Corinne Griffith I was immediately Smitten!

OrchidLady-CorinneGriffith.jpg

Barabra La Marr's nickname "the girl who was too beautiful" dates back to a court appearance she made as a teen, as I understand it.

She makes an impressive appearance in THE WHITE MOTH 1924, but perhaps two of her most memorable roles are both lost. Opposite Lon Chaney in QUINCY ADAMS SAWYER 1922 and opposite Ramon Novarro in Rex Ingrahms TRIFLING WOMEN 1922?

Adela Rogers St. Johns wrote a biography of Barbara La Marr that was serialized in four parts in Liberty magazine in 1928. Although I have all four installments, I've read only the first two. So far as I know, it's the only substantial biography of La Marr -- great assortment of pictures, too . . .