Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quiz: What movie is this line from?

Thanks, Lana. I bought a DVD of that movie from Blockbuster when I was in Santa Fe a few years ago...

Next:

1st Speaker :--"I've found that pretty women speak the same all over the world."

2nd Speaker:-- "What about the ugly ones ?"

1st Speaker:-- " I never listened."

Clue:--- 1954 western adventure with two male leads, one a multiple Oscar winner, and a leading lady who won an Oscar a few years later...

Thanks, Six. Next, color technicolor movie from 1954:

1st Speaker: " But you will soon tire of him. All he wants is to make little statues from clay and wood. He is only a dreamer."

2nd Speaker: " Why do everyone belittle dreamers? What do we get from men of action? ...War, trouble, taxes...

Thanks, finance.

Next line, probably an easy one:

"I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you should sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over."

Edited by: phroso on Oct 11, 2010 5:50 PM

This is tougher than I expected.

The role was originally given to an Oscar-winning character actor, whose readings were considered "too emotional" by the director. The Oscar-winner was replaced by a lesser known actor, who made this his defining role.