Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quiz: What movie is this line from?

Six, I'll post to keep this thread going:

" We all want to help one another. Human beings are like that. We want to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another."...

Movie and speaker?

• 2 weeks later...

WORTH RE-USING

"A girl comes in. She doesn't see you. She takes off her gloves. She opens her purse, dumps it out on the table. You watch her. This is you. She has two dimes, a matchbook and a nickel. She leaves the nickel on the table. She puts the two dimes back in the purse, takes the gloves...they're black. Puts them into the stove, lights a match. Suddenly the telephone rings. She picks it up. She listens. She says, "I've never owned a pair of black gloves in my life." Hangs up. Kneels by the stove, lights another match. Suddenly you notice there's another man in the room, watching every move she makes."

"What happens?"

"I don't know. I was just making pictures."

"What was the nickel for?"

"Jane, what was the nickel for?"

"The nickel was for the movies."

"What do you pay me for? I don't understand this damn stuff."

"Yes you do. Or you wouldn't have asked about the nickel."

???

• 2 weeks later...

Next:

"A man has to see things as they really are. After all, a man with responsibilities can't walk around with his head in the clouds all the time. Oh, a man should have his dreams, but a man has to learn to put those dreams to some practical use, not just sit around and think about them all the time." ...

Speaker ? Movie ?