Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
faceinthecrowd

Quiz: What movie is this line from?

"You are like a hungry child who is given ravioli to eat. 'No' you say, 'I want beefsteak!' My dear girl, you are hungry. Eat the ravioli."

I'm not familiar with this one, and it doesn't Google standing alone. Any info as to subject matter, time of release, etc?

Yup. I knew that last clue would do the trick.

{font:Calibri}Anthony Quale as Cardinal Wolsey said to John Colicos as Cromwell in “Anne of the Thousand Days” (1969). {font}

{font:Times New Roman} You're up, Mr. 6s.{font}

(39,874)

The speaker is alone on screen. Everyone else that was present has just departed, spreading the news about an impending birth.

Idle since Apr.23 = abandoned thread.

"Do you know who I am? I made my bones when you were still going out with cheerleaders."

> {quote:title=flashback42 wrote:}{quote}

> Idle since Apr.23 = abandoned thread.

>

> "Do you know who I am? I made my bones when you were still going out with cheerleaders."

It's Vegas mobster Moe Greene (Alex Rocco), making the colossal mistake of dressing down Michael Corleone in "The Godfather" (1972).

{font:Courier}

*Thanks! Does anybody remember this one? Or the response from the other end of the conversation?*

"I was reading a book the other day...It's all about civilization or something, a nutty kind of book. Do you know that the guy said that machinery is going to take the place of every profession?"

{font}

Edited by: jakeem on May 4, 2013 1:26 PM

I think the response was something like, "My dear, that's something you'll never have to worry about." (spoken by Marie Dressler)