Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quiz: What movie is this line from?

spy story with Oscar winning actor as male lead.

Must correct earlier entry: Some sources name the male lead as director, but nominally he isn't credited as such

Edited by: emgee1 on Jan 3, 2014 4:55 PM

emgee...

Thought that *YOU* would be the one to get this one!

:0) Just jokin'.

Need a clue?

Many people (and articles) get this wrong....But, if you listen very carefully, you'll hear this very last line....

Z

Somewhere hidden away in my sophomore Lit notes, there's a dictated note that Lord Henry was Oscar Wilde's self-portrait character in Dorian. Makes sense. -- he certainly gave Lord Henry the best putdown lines.

Next up: I'm not sure it can be tracked down by research. I have been unable to find a reference published anywhere. I have it only from the movie itself, which I have seen twice.

"Do you know a lost cause when you see one?"

I actually found this in the Boards RIGHT HERE in "FAMOUS MOVIE QUOTES":

cmvgor

Posted: Nov 18, 2009 11:10 AM

This one hasn't got legs, so let's drop it. *It was Yul Brynner talking to Joanne Woodward in a poorly scripted adaption of William Faulkner's The Sound And The Fury. (1959)* Possibly worth your time if like Stuart Whitman as beefcake, or if you want to see Yul Brynner wearing a rug.

But that's cheatin', right?

:0)

DaveZ