Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
KeithFromKC

Too disgusting to watch?

japanese guinea pig series is revolting the second film is 45 minutes of pure nilihilitic tendencies also it disgusts me that the filmmaker was reproducing a real snuff film that was sent to his home by some derranged fan its simplified torture with no redeeming artistic merit and that is comming from a indivudal who enjoyed the audition and ichi the killer

?For some reason I couldn't watch the animated version of Aeon Flux as I had an extreme physical reaction for apparently no reason whatsoever. 20 minutes into it I had to shut it off before I threw up. I have no explanation, except that maybe it is similar to the anime/seizure thing that happened a few years back?

Hmm, could have something to do with the frames per second of the animation. I think most today are only about 6 different pictures per second, while regular films are 24 frames per second. Old classic animation films were at least 12 different pictures per second. A certain low frequency of frame changes might possibly affect a person?s brainwaves and nauseate some people. Similar to the old strobe light ?petite mall? seizure effect of the discos of the 1960s. Some people fainted when the strobes hit a certain frequency.

The first two "Guinea Pig" films are the most difficult viewing I've ever had in 30 years of being a horror film fan. I have no plans to ever watch them again.

Cannibal ferox a.k.a "Make Them Die Slowly" (1981). Not a good movie, not a good time, senseless gore for gore's sake. I can't understand how anyone can get off on it, but plenty of people do, it has a cult following. Go figure.

spadeneal

I have no desire to watch the "cannibal" films. I do like gore films, half my collection is weird and gory, the "killer natives" thing just never appealed to me, I like more of a straight horror storyline better. The "Faces of Death" films are lame in my opinion, they purport to be real, yet a good deal of the stuff featured is notoriously fake. Im not saying all, the monkey brains and theres some people in a morgue and what have you, but the "action" sequences are ridiculous and fake.

Go see some real gore at a site like Ogrish.com if that's what youre looking for, to be truly shocked by real and horrific death. Just be prepared to lie awake for a while that night if youve never been exposed to that type of thing before.

The type of movie gore that grosses me out a bit is not "fresh kills", so to speak, blood and guts or what not, or horrible trauma. It's decayed corpses, zombies, rotting remains, etc. I can eat heartily while watching splatter gore, thats no big deal to me, but have a decaying zombie shuffle toward the camera and I'll put my pizza down!

By the way, Brain that Wouldnt Die is one of my favorites! Love that flick! It's one of the, if not THE goriest film as well from that time period that I can think of.

null

" Dr. X ", staring Lionel Atwill, Lee Tracy, and Fay Wray, and directed by Michael Curtiz, can be considered a" cannibal film ". It has just been release in " The Legends of Horror Collection " .

I enjoy all kinds of movies and gore films are no exception. I also enjoy the cannibal movies. Anything like Faces of Death I stay away from not because it grosses me out because it doesn't, it just doesn't appeal to me. For some reason I just don't find it particularly entertaining. Pink Flamingos is gross so anything like that really grosses me out. Blood never bothers me in movies. The eye splinter scene in Zombie makes me blink a bit because they drag it out. Also the infamous eye scene from Thriller - A Cruel Picture. That kinda hurts.

Well when I was a teenager, I was into watching all of the horror films like Nightmare on elm street and The Halloween serials that followed, but now that I am older I find those movies a bit too much to handle. I even watched the original movie of Texas Chainsaw Massacre but not anymore, Recently My friend had loaned me his copy of Rob Zombies House of a thousand Corpses, OMG I couldn't even watch it all the way through, The senseless butchery put me off and all that guts and gore was not sitting well with me

Message was edited by:

nyz

"I Spit On Your Grave", was the worst, had to turn it off, I can watch Herschel Gordon Lewis, anything by John Waters, but that film was pure sadism.

For those who are interested the 2 Guinea Pig films being mentioned are:

Guinea Pig the flower of flesh and blood (people initially thought was a snuff film when released)

Guinea Pig Mermaid in a Manhole (not realistic unless you believe in mermaids)

In my opinion the following 3 movies are harder to watch

Salo (Pier Paolo Passolini) Based on Marquis de Sade need I say more

Irreversible (Gaspar Noe) Has 2 of the nastiest sequences ever filmed

Fat Girl (Catherine Breillat) Seems like standard coming of age until the last 15 minutes or so.

Johnny,

I also enjoyed "The Cook, The Thief....". Became a Helen Mirren fan from then on.

The only time I got sick and almost fainted was the stabbing scene in "Cruising" with Al Pacino. It was so graphic and the screams were so real. It disturbed me because the guy knew what was about to happen to him. I saw it in the theater and ran to the lobby. The memory still creeps me out.

ps:Also,the scene when the shark kills Quint in "Jaws". I still plug my ears and run out of the room.

Message was edited by: cindy5939

Message was edited by: cindy5939