Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who Said This ?

RainingViolets101

cujas, you have been making some good guesses, but on a question that doesn't really fit on this thread. I had thought that Information Please! was a radio panel show that had continued over into television. Wrong. It was radio only, and ended in 1953. Pretty much off the path for most of the users of this Forum. The witty guest panelist was the great George M. Cohan ("My mother thanks you, my father thanks you, my sister thanks you, and I thank you."). The story was passed along in the mimoirs of that great amnesiac, Oscar Levant, who was a _regular_ on Information Please! , not a guest.

Open thread.

I should have guessed Oscar anyway--thanx.

"A demon within her threatens to break out and eat everybody.

The studio was afraid of her. They confused it (the demon) with overacting.

Over their objections, I let the demon go."

You can name the speaker--for Brownie points you can also give us the studio and the movie.

Caveat: The actress, in question here, shouldn't be too hard to guess.

Edited by: cujas on Sep 25, 2010 5:08 PM

Thanks, finance.

This one came to mind after a recent spate of online contacts with members of my HS graduating class, and getting updates on old acquaintences. It's from that sibling of showbiz, the world of Competetive Sport.

"Most people my age are already dead."

???

And of course, that also sounds like Bernie Schwartz from the old neighborhood.

Let's go!

"I was disgusted by James Dean's hep cat attitude and insolent manner. I hate that type of person. I hate his dirty shirt school of acting. It should be outlawed, along with this rock and roll recording business."

Speaker was a well-known Hollywood actor of the Golden Era, who later gave up acting for a political career.

Edited by: cujas on Oct 15, 2010 5:34 PM