Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I messed up. I forgot the first half of that quote. My apologies, here's both parts -

{font:Times}{size:16px}"In our film profession you may have Gable's looks, Tracy's art, Marlene's legs or Liz's violet eyes, but they don't mean a thing without that swinging thing called courage."{font}{size:16px}

Edited by: Aranxa on Jan 6, 2012 11:45 PM

Coming back from Page 3, and holding it until mudskipper or Aranxa shows up to reboot it:

Who said this, doing standup as a guest on someone else's show; --

"Georgie Jessel was supposed to be here tonight, but he got called away. He's on a special mission to Israel to explain Sammy Davis."

???

Considering my last response, I'm forced to admit that I'm not sure of the original source of the quip. The guy I heard tell the joke had a history of stealing jokes. Other comics made jokes about this guy stealing jokes. This guy made jokes about this guy stealing jokes.

Awwwww! I thought I was being very subtle about that. Answered at 70 Views. I think it was Dean Martin's variety show where I heard Mr. Berle do this routine. I believe that in the same set, he used the old one about addressing a member of the audience: "Excuse me, sir, are you in show business? Then get your arm off the stage."

BTW, during this research I ran across an old Jessel line from the WWII years: "My draft status is 8-T. That means I go when the Japs are in the lobby."

metz44's thread.