Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who Said This ?

RainingViolets101

• 2 months later...

(1,096)

"...it is pointless to be 'superb' in a commercial failure, and most of the films which I have deliberately chosen to make in the last few years were, by and large, just that.  Or so I was told by the businessmen....and if you don't make money at the Box Office, you are not asked back to play again..."

The actor?  (He's British)

• 5 weeks later...

"I make all my decisions on intuition. I throw a spear into the darkness. That is intuition. Then I must send an army into the darkness to find the spear. That is intellect."

???

Ingmar Bergman?

yup, with as good a synopsis of his technique as any I've heard ;)

-you're up, Notan.....

Thanks, Mr.6s.

Next (and I hope this is in the correct spirit of the thread):

"You really like rain"

Who to whom?

:mellow:  One question, Notan:

Is the quote you posed from a script or performance?  There are two other threads that handle such material.  This thread is mostly devoted to comments from other sources.  Interviews, talk show guest shots, news blurbs, even biographies or autobiographies are the sources of most of the material on this thread. 

Is that the kind of source your material is from?

:mellow:  One question, Notan:

Is the quote you posed from a script or performance?  There are two other threads that handle such material.  This thread is mostly devoted to comments from other sources.  Interviews, talk show guest shots, news blurbs, even biographies or autobiographies are the sources of most of the material on this thread. 

Is that the kind of source your material is from?

Hi, FB.

The quote is not from a movie, but from a conversation between two well-known film folk. From the way you described the thread's criteria, I think the quote will fit right in.

When Kurosawa got to meet John Ford, a director commonly said to be the most influential to Kurosawa, Ford simply said, "You really like rain." Kurosawa responded, "You've really been paying attention to my films."

??

Spot on, Mr.6s!

All yours.

• 1 month later...