Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who Said This ?

RainingViolets101

This actor was known to obsess over the reviews of his films, and to compare his reviews with those of others whom he considered rivals. He was also known to "count lines" in scripts, and to demand adjustments if others had more lines than he did.

At 35 Views, correct, Sixes. I haven't really liked going over this material about a performer whose work I usually enjoyed, but the facts are the facts. The coffee-shop conversation is revealed by Stella Stevens in an interview on the disc copy of *The Ballad Of Cable Hogue* She had the support of Sam Peckinpah for the female lead in *The Getaway*, but McQueen's hostility turned her off. And McQueen's upstaging stunts during the filming of *The Magnificent Seven* have become an industry legend. Yul Brynner himself vetoed the casting of McQueen for the sequel.

mr6666's thread.

Thanks. I came across this story some time in the past, liked it and wanted to share it:

This actress, who was successful as an actress/comedienne on the stage and radio and made a few movies and who married a man of high stature, was having her hair done, when the wife of the founder of the Armour meat-packing company entered, noticed her, and complained loudly that she didn't realize there would be chorus girls present or she would not have come. Soon thereafter, as the actress was leaving and saying goodbye to the manageress in the waiting room, she said,

"You may tell the butcher's wife that Lady Peel has finished."

What dancer gave these instructions and advice to another dancer:

"We'll have a hand-squeeze system. When I give you three quick squeezes, means we're coming to a hard part. One long squeeze, really, good darlin'! No squeeze at all? Well, let's do it again. Now we just let those hands hang loose, limp wrists, loose in the shoulders. There, that's it! Copcetic! Now let's get your feet attached to your ears."