Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"IT'S ALWAYS FAIR WEATHER" (1955)

Film_Fatale

Playing tonight as part of the primetime "Put on your Roller Skates" lineup:

*It's Always Fair Weather* (1955)

World War II buddies get mixed up with gangsters and an egotistical TV star when they hold a 10-year reunion.

Cast: Cyd Charisse , Dan Dailey , Gene Kelly , Michael Kidd Dir: Stanley Donen , Gene Kelly C-102 mins, TV-G

Trailer on tcm.com:

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index/?o_cid=mediaroomlink&cid=32092

• 2 weeks later...

It's playing again on Feb.1/09.

Dolores Gray's number "Thanks a Lot But No Thanks" is my favorite in "It's Always Fair Weather". What a knock-out she was.

< img src=http://i36.tinypic.com/160obr8.jpg>

Here is a lobby card that was dislayed in theaters in Europe and a couple of black and white promo shots.

90wq4l.jpg

nplyet.jpg

v60j2e.jpg

Nice photo of Dolores and Dan Dailey.

2m45178

This performance is a parody of how a glamorous female can have mastery over the male. Dolores convincingly pulls it off with the use of various weapons.

Legs.......

kdrg2x.jpg

revolver......

35laux1.jpg

2d0x9g5.jpg

dynamite.........Looks like fun.

1079dzo.jpg

The femme-fatale triumphant.

10gwyex.jpg

Thank you. It's good to be here.

"It's Always Fair Weather" has never got the notoriety it deserves. All the performances are fantastic. It's too bad that Michael Kidd's number and Gene and Cyd's duo got cut from the theatrical release. The movie may have done much better. Of course Dolores Gray's number makes it worthwhile for me. "Thanks a Lot" has been compared to Marilyn Monroe's "Diamonds Are a Girls Best Friend" but the Marilyn routine is far more tame. Perhaps the theme of a sexy female dispatching her adoring male victims may have been a little too edgy for an 1955 audience and thus pushed the performance out of the mainsteam.

142uexg.jpg

abqp0z.jpg

> {quote:title=Daria wrote:}{quote}

> Thank you. It's good to be here.

>

> "It's Always Fair Weather" has never got the notoriety it deserves. All the performances are fantastic. It's too bad that Michael Kidd's number and Gene and Cyd's duo got cut from the theatrical release.

Are those 2 numbers available anywhere? On the DVD or in *That's Entertainment! III* ?

• 3 months later...

Thanks, Daria, for the information on this movie. I've always wondered why Cyd Charisse only had one musical number in this. So there was a duet with Gene Kelly? Boy, I surely would love to see that!

Terrence.

Archived