Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies That You Never See The Title Character

TikiSoo

I watched Dinner At Eight last night and when the doors closed realized We never get to SEE that dinner. I then started wondering about movies that you never see the title "character". I bet there's more...how many can you think of?

Rosemary's Baby

> {quote:title=pastman wrote:}{quote}

> The Maltese Falcon

Wha....? You see the Maltese Falcon statue in the movie.

And George Washington Slept Here, you see the house described by the title, you just don't see GW. Don't include semantics.

Rosemary's Baby & Rebecca have been the two best (most direct) answers so far.

> {quote:title=TikiSoo wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=pastman wrote:}{quote}

> > The Maltese Falcon

>

> Wha....? You see the Maltese Falcon statue in the movie.

We see an immitation of lead with no jewels. The hunt for the real Falcon continues past the end of the film.

I agree that REBECCA is probably the best example here. Another, as yet unmentioned, is the "You" in SINCE YOU WENT AWAY.

Probably the genres in which you'll find the most instances of this are horror and sci-fi. A few examples would include:

THE BRIDES OF DRACULA, in which there are no brides and no Dracula. One of the female characters does become engaged to a vampire during the course of the film, but I suppose THE FIANCEE OF BARON MEINSTER just somehow wouldn't have cut it.

BLOOD OF DRACULA features no Dracula and in fact, no actual vampire.

JESSE JAMES MEETS FRANKENSTEIN'S DAUGHTER actually features the good doctor's granddaughter.

Archived