Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Russians Are Coming...


CaveGirl
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, calvinnme said:

The paranoid part of me does wonder if all of this Asian spam has something to do with Trump and how he is disliked. So why not mess with an American website? Has anybody in fact confirmed that these spam messages are in Korean?

See the circles that look like "O"'s or zeroes in the spam messages? Those are an easy indicator that the language is Korean.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, calvinnme said:

The paranoid part of me does wonder if all of this Asian spam has something to do with Trump and how he is disliked. So why not mess with an American website? Has anybody in fact confirmed that these spam messages are in Korean?

Hmmm, are you saying that this would mean that the Turner Classic Movies site is very important to Russia, in terms of taking away our freedom to pick the movies of our choice instead of what Vladimir might choose for us?

Yikes!

Arm your battle stations, Proletariat Folks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

See the circles that look like "O"'s or zeroes in the spam messages? Those are an easy indicator that the language is Korean.

I told you all the messages were from Korea, by way of Leningrad!

Another sign that the Russians are involved is when our fearful leader continually wears red ties, I bet.

Better dead, than in a red tie...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

See the circles that look like "O"'s or zeroes in the spam messages? Those are an easy indicator that the language is Korean.

And by the way, Lawrence I'm starting to be suspicious of you, since you've turned into Toshiro Mifune!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

Hmmm, are you saying that this would mean that the Turner Classic Movies site is very important to Russia, in terms of taking away our freedom to pick the movies of our choice instead of what Vladimir might choose for us?

Yikes!

Arm your battle stations, Proletariat Folks! 

I don't know how Vlad feels about classic film. Probably mindless CGI fests are fine, but the Criterion collection would have to go.  Can't have people thinking. Did you ever see Oliver Stone's documentary on Putin? Stone actually got him to sit down and watch Dr. Strangelove with him. Vlad looked a bit bored, but when it was over he made some pretty intelligent observations, so either he had seen it before or he really was paying attention.

Another thing. l'm just old enough to remember the 60's pretty well. Isn't it funny how  "Better Red than Dead" (Vietnam War) and wanting a planned economy (tariffs, farmer bailouts) has gone from being a  Democratic position to one of the GOP?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, calvinnme said:

I don't know how Vlad feels about classic film. Probably mindless CGI fests are fine, but the Criterion collection would have to go.  Can't have people thinking. Did you ever see Oliver Stone's documentary on Putin? Stone actually got him to sit down and watch Dr. Strangelove with him. Vlad looked a bit bored, but when it was over he made some pretty intelligent observations, so either he had seen it before or he really was paying attention.

Another thing. l'm just old enough to remember the 60's pretty well. Isn't it funny how  "Better Red than Dead" (Vietnam War) and wanting a planned economy (tariffs, farmer bailouts) has gone from being a  Democratic position to one of the GOP?

No, never saw Stone's documentary on Putin, but now I want to, Cal!

Somehow I don't think I would do well with some government agency telling me which movies I could watch that fit the party line. I also hated all the crappy art that Hitler and his cronies thought was profoundly important. I doubt they would have approved of anyone hanging a Jackson P-o-l-l-o-c-k painting in their living room, and would have wanted a more realistic work with a hagiographic and heroic slant to any personage being honored in paint. I would prefer a Roy Lichtenstein dot pattern of a woman cleaning her refrigerator to Putin's choices for me and my comrades. Thanks for your thoughts and yes, the left can become the right, the right can become the left and the middle probably always stays the same, just like High Brow can become Low Brow and Low Brow can become High Brow, but Middle Brow never changes. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...