Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movie muscle cars

Guest Terneus, Dan

I'm **really** out of my element here! What I know about muscle cars would fill the ashtray! What about GREASE, and the car called "greased lightning?" Or maybe AMERICAN GRAFETTI? Or even a horribly stupid teen movie called HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS? Seems like there were several muscle cars and one guy drove a van called the "pie wagon."

• 5 months later...
Guest emge, pat

im not sure if the best muscle car movie has been made yet. because i cant remember one that didnt involve the beautiful, pavement scorching dodge charger getting destroyed in the process!and even if it wasnt the star of the show somehow they manage to work in its demise.

Guest vados, mike

Well, The undisputed classic of this category has to be BULLIT! And with good reason. The purr of those engines (which were modified very little from the high-performance factory stock engines Ford and Dodge were offering at that (wonderful) time) come across great, audio-wise. I have seen this very long scene hundreds of times and NEVER tire of it! It has really neat panoramic views of San Francisco, too, so there's something for everybody. Another (semi-underground) movie that is common knowledge to any car buff is 1973's GONE IN 60 SECONDS which received attention recently because they attempted to do a remake, which I have not seen.

Guest vados, mike

....to be more precise, the '68 GT was actually 3 cars, and while the engines were stock the shocks and struts had 10 days of pre-modification before the movie was made. Of the 3 cars, 2 were purchased immed. after the film and the one that took all those flying leaps was destroyed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

dont know if its too modern and definetly not a classic but "fast and the ferious" had one mean Dodge charger and In XXX the new vin deisel move the coolest muscle car made an apearence a 67' GTO!