Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If You Could Go Back In Time And Prevent The Death Of Any Actor/Actress

Thanks Popcorn&Dots, I forgot about some of those. John Lennon comes to mind of course, but not a movie guy really. Those others....Sharon Tate....how could I forget? What a total shame.

Guess the moral of the story is we could go any time. If you are an entertainer, your death deprives the world from ever enjoying your talents again. I get most angry at those that cause their own demise-SELFISH!

When did Doris Day die?

Cinesage...very nicely written.

lzcutter...as always thought-full.

FrankGrimes...ever the different unexpected name from you. You've mentioned a name that makes me say "Oh man, I forgot about her. That was sad."

Gail Russell was beautiful and lovely. Beautiful beautiful sad eyes!

Definitely Linda Darnell. What a waste to die at 41 and she had just been offered three new scripts and several studios were abuzz at her impending return to Hollywood once she finished her side-trip to Chicago. Very sad.

Others who i would have loved to see get older: Natalie Wood, Sal Mineo. James Dean, Harlow, Jeff Chandler, Jeff Hunter, Maria Montez, Ty Power, Ann Sheridan, Vivien Leigh, Veronica Lake, Dorothy Dandridge, Stephen Boyd, Diana Dors, Jayne Mansfield, Marilyn's Maxwell and Monroe, the great Carmen Miranda, Carole Landis, and Grace Kelly.

For Me

I'd pick 4, 3 Actresses and 1 Actor

Lucille Ball, Died in 1989 after Heart Surgery

Movies include

Your's Mine and Ours

A Guide for the Married Man

The long Long Trailer

Forever Darling

5 Came Back

Mame--Her Final Role on the Big Screen

She will always be known for being the Crazy Accident Prone Lovable Lucy Ricardo on

I LOVE LUCY in the 1950s

Heather O'rourke, Died in 1988 at the age of 12 after being Misdiagnosed for over a year by Kaiser. They kept telling her mother she had the Flu, when in reality she had an Intestinal Bowel Ubstruction, that ruptured on Feb 1 1988, she went into cardiac arrest and died of septic shock on an operating table in San Diego CA. The day Kaiser finally figured it out.

http://heatherorourke.com

Movies include

Poltergeist 1 2 and 3

Judith Barsi, Died in 1988 at the age of 10 after being Shot in the head by her Moron Father.

He shot Judith in her room and when her mother came running down the hall, she met daddy, who then shot her. Went to the garage for some gas and soaked the house and garage, and with the flick of a match burned the house down, daddy went to the garage and shot himself in the head.

http://judithbarsi.dc-lundberg.net

Movies include

All Dogs Go To Heaven--Voice of Ann Marie, her final role

Land Before Time #1--Voice of Duckie

Judith died before either of the above movies were released, She never saw them.

Jaws The Revenge--Thea Brodie

Jackie Gleason, Died in 1987 of Colon Cancer and Smoking Too Much Aprox 6 Paks a day

Movies include

The Hustler

The Sting 2

Smokey and the Bandit 1 2 and 3

The Toy

Best known for his role, Ralph Kramden in the Honeymooners, in the 1950s

Bobby Jordan, Leo Gorcey, and Bobby Driscoll come to mind. Alcohol, the first 2, and drugs, Driscoll, really do some damage if you let it run away with you. I have worked in a rehab for over 10 years. As someone spoke of Peter Lorre, I'd try to point out all the positives of not using. The first 2 lost precious time with their children because of their drinking. True, a person has to want to stop, but I would have tried everything possible to get the message across.

If I could go back in time and prevent the death of any actor, (and in this case actor/singer), it'd be Elvis Presley. I like to think he had a lot more music in him. Maybe not rock, but certainly country and gospel. I also think, if he dumped that manager of his, he could have had a better career in films. He was a talent that was never mined properly.

I was never a huge fan of James Dean, but I liked him and enjoyed the 3 movies he made. If I could go back and prevent his death, it'd be interesting to see what might have resulted in a long career in films.

I have the same thoughts about Buddy Holly in the music field.

Y'know what? If I could go back a little further, I'd like to save Warner Oland's life, too. I loved his Charlie Chan portrayal and I wish he could have made more of the Chan films.

I remember when I was a kid, The New York Post (a respectable paper in those days) had the following headline: *Judy Holliday Dead at 42*. Maybe if we could go back, we could bring treatments for cancer that didn't exist in those days.

Btw, the IMDB and other sites indicate that Judy Holliday died at 43. However, the headline as I remember it said 42.

Of course, none of us was there, but I most recently heard that it is now felt that most likely Natalie was so innebriated (neither Walken nor Wagner could think why in the world she would have ever tried to get into the small boat in the first place) and that in fact, she hit her head and was knocked out, drowning before ever regaining conciousness. If that was reall the case then she had no time in which to anticipate her own end. We can only hope that this was indeed the case.

To popcorn. I don't believe that I would put Sharon Tate in that category. The Manson Family were certainly crazed, as well as fanatical - but they weren't crazed fans or stalkers of Tate, or even Polanski, for that matter - the only two famous people victimized by that disturbed bunch of homicidal loonies.

I probably don't have to say it, but I wish Audrey Hepburn was still here. I'd love to have been able to write to her. However, she became ill while overseas doing work for UNICEF, so at least she was doing something she was passionate about. I think her smoking might have contributed to it somehow. Couldn't have helped.

John Denver's death as well as John Ritter's were simply tragic. Just awful. I miss them both.

Message was edited by: Audreygirl2007

Along with those I mentioned earlier I would add Gail Russell. I know some might think it's silly but I really enjoy watching Angel and The Badman and The Uninvited is great. During a Word of Mouth piece on TCM I believe they quoted her agent as saying he felt terrible for "pushing" her into acting since her first love was painting, I just remember her as a beautiful young woman that I'm sure would have gone on to do other great films.

In my lifetime, one actress whose death really sadden me was Lee Remick, she was talented , beautiful and was aging so gracefully. I am sure she had many more fine performances in her. For an all time loss, I would have to say Carole Lombard.. Another actress that comes to mind is Inger Stevens. For the actors, Tyrone Power and Montgomery Clift.

John Cazale, who was so good as Fredo in The Godfather Parts 1 & 2

He was engaged to Meryl Streep when he died of bone cancer at the age of 42.

Carole Lombard - what a stunning talent she was!

Steve McQueen

Robert Walker

Thanks, film fatale!

Cazale only made 5 movies but he certainly made an impression on me. I look forward to seeing the recent documentary about him, *I Knew It Was You*, when it eventually comes to DVD. It premiered at the 2009 Sundance Festival.

Sorry I just found this thread while looking for another one, so I'm late at this.

Virginia Weidler - who has already been mentioned. But Leslie Howard, grand actor so versatile and good looking. An Richard Hart, and ah shucks kinda guy.