Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Really? A TCM Administrator Deleted My Funny Girl-Related Song Post?

sewhite2000

Maybe it's on page 10 already, but I can't find it anywhere. I made a post last night quoting a line from the song "Secondhand Rose" in Funny Girl, just to see if anyone would get the reference. It was definitely movie related so did not deserve to be deleted. That's pretty sorry, TCM Admin. I guess you weren't knowledgeable enough to know what I was doing, which makes me sad.

• Like 1

I do half-suspect though I was punished for trying to be too clever. I wanted to be obscure and not reference the movie, just a line from one song from one movie. My guess is the TCM Administrator has never seen that movie, didn't get the reference, had no idea what the thread was about, thought incorrectly I was being nonsensical, and decided policing was necessary.

I was suppose I will have to be more dull and obvious in the future to avoid getting more posts deleted.

• Haha 1

I didn't get it. I am not the brightest bulb in the string. HAR! On the other hand, the huge stress with the mega spam probably got your thread tossed out. A good sense of humor is what makes it fun at this forum. TCM has modified the new registration form. I hope that makes a difference. See my post in the WE HAVE BEEN VISITED BY THE SMARTPHONE SPAM FAIRY! thread. I'm sure we all want our message board back the way it should be.

Oh, it's suddenly back! Wonder if my whining about it brought it back or if threads that accidentally got deleted along with all the spam are systematically being restored. Seriously, I couldn't see it on my computer until just now. Sorry if I sounded really dense.

Okay, my apologies if I besmirched the movie knowledge of our anonymous TCM administrators.

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2018 at 10:18 PM, sewhite2000 said:

Maybe it's on page 10 already, but I can't find it anywhere. I made a post last night quoting a line from the song "Secondhand Rose" in Funny Girl, just to see if anyone would get the reference. It was definitely movie related so did not deserve to be deleted. That's pretty sorry, TCM Admin. I guess you weren't knowledgeable enough to know what I was doing, which makes me sad.

Consider it a badge of honor!

By the way when someone doesn't get my references, I kind of enjoy it. Or when they accuse you of using a thesaurus, or being too arcane, but never using the word arcane to describe arcane. It's all fun, if you look at it from a 90-degree angle.

I always dig your posts.

7 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

Consider it a badge of honor!

By the way when someone doesn't get my references, I kind of enjoy it. Or when they accuse you of using a thesaurus, or being too arcane, but never using the word arcane to describe arcane. It's all fun, if you look at it from a 90-degree angle.

I always dig your posts.

Yeah Smarty Pants. I know what you're thinking. How did they all that air is such a small space. I sometimes get the doggy head tilt while on this message board. I suppose you have one of those personal license plates no one gets. I hate that.

Years ago, Jim Lange, mornings on KSFO, in addition to The Dating Game, claimed to have seen a Datsun with the personal plate reading "Nice Car."

34 minutes ago, jimmymac21 said:

Yeah Smarty Pants. I know what you're thinking. How did they all that air is such a small space. I sometimes get the doggy head tilt while on this message board. I suppose you have one of those personal license plates no one gets. I hate that.

Years ago, Jim Lange, mornings on KSFO, in addition to The Dating Game, claimed to have seen a Datsun with the personal plate reading "Nice Car."

No, you're Smarty Pants. Oh, that should have been Schmoopy...sorry!

I have no vanity license plate. My car was impounded...

38 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

No, you're Smarty Pants. Oh, that should have been Schmoopy...sorry!

I have no vanity license plate. My car was impounded...

Hey, I may have missed you over the sizzling SPAM weekend, but not by much. SmileS!

To quote the late Dr. Don Rose, famous 'round these parts on 610 KFRC, I had gun powder for breakfast. Then I go to work and shoot off my mouth.

I gave up driving back in 1995. My favorite of all city buses is the Cherriots in Salem, Oregon. Your Cherriot is waiting.

So, are you pulling my leg again? Jimmy is as confused as a chameleon on a Smartie box. A lady friend from the past said that to me. She lives in Worcester, South Africa. Claimed it was very Afrikaans.

Naturally, this has nothin' to do with TCM by now.

Remember Steve Martin saying, "That just gives me caca pants"?

4 minutes ago, jimmymac21 said:

Hey, I may have missed you over the sizzling SPAM weekend, but not by much. SmileS!

To quote the late Dr. Don Rose, famous 'round these parts on 610 KFRC, I had gun powder for breakfast. Then I go to work and shoot off my mouth.

I gave up driving back in 1995. My favorite of all city buses is the Cherriots in Salem, Oregon. Your Cherriot is waiting.

So, are you pulling my leg again? Jimmy is as confused as a chameleon on a Smartie box. A lady friend from the past said that to me. She lives in Worcester, South Africa. Claimed it was very Afrikaans.

Naturally, this has nothin' to do with TCM by now.

Remember Steve Martin saying, "That just gives me caca pants"?

Uh, I forgot what I said.

Okay, my car was not impounded. I do not have a vanity plate. The Schmoopy thing was from Seinfeld.

I never pull on anyone's leg as something might accidentally come along with it. I hate surprises.

As a rule of thumb, just assume I'm lying about whatever I post. I find that works best when I'm dealing with men. Have a happy breakfast and pass the ammunition, Jimmy.

1 hour ago, CaveGirl said:

Uh, I forgot what I said.

Okay, my car was not impounded. I do not have a vanity plate. The Schmoopy thing was from Seinfeld.

I never pull on anyone's leg as something might accidentally come along with it. I hate surprises.

As a rule of thumb, just assume I'm lying about whatever I post. I find that works best when I'm dealing with men. Have a happy breakfast and pass the ammunition, Jimmy.

Madam Secretary?

So, wait, how do you spell show-van-ist?

Maybe I am woman pretending to be a man.

I am more than not fond of people not telling the truth. Remember "Liar, Liar?" It was me. (Think elevator)

3 minutes ago, jimmymac21 said:

Madam Secretary?

So, wait, how do you spell show-van-ist?

Maybe I am woman pretending to be a man.

I am more than not fond of people not telling the truth. Remember "Liar, Liar?" It was me. (Think elevator)

No, you're not as I don't see your moniker on my Official TCM Chauvinist List, Jimmy.

That is a very exclusive list of disgruntled and bitter men at TCM, who betray their sense of hegemony daily in posts, and then are mad that they had to look up the word "hegemony" to find out that they were insulted by a woman. The way to discover their hidden identities is to use a word one knows off the top of one's head, that they probably don't know, and it infuriates them to have to look it up. I sense no such deep seated anger in your posts, so I declare you to be A-Okay in the Androgen Qualification Testing!

Thankfully, I've found few male chauvinists at the TCM Forums.

3 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

No, you're not as I don't see your moniker on my Official TCM Chauvinist List, Jimmy.

That is a very exclusive list of disgruntled and bitter men at TCM, who betray their sense of hegemony daily in posts, and then are mad that they had to look up the word "hegemony" to find out that they were insulted by a woman. The way to discover their hidden identities is to use a word one knows off the top of one's head, that they probably don't know, and it infuriates them to have to look it up. I sense no such deep seated anger in your posts, so I declare you to be A-Okay in the Androgen Qualification Testing!

Thankfully, I've found few male chauvinists at the TCM Forums.

Not me, you, with that remark about men. I suppose you ladies can't be chauvinists. It was the first big word to enter my pea brain. I have been officially certified by the Sonoma County Department Of Rehabilitation as "A French Fry Short Of A Happy Meal." I was born premature and upstairs wasn't finished. Spent the first month of living in an incubator. They played Classical music for me. Explains a lot.

46 minutes ago, jimmymac21 said:

Not me, you, with that remark about men. I suppose you ladies can't be chauvinists. It was the first big word to enter my pea brain. I have been officially certified by the Sonoma County Department Of Rehabilitation as "A French Fry Short Of A Happy Meal." I was born premature and upstairs wasn't finished. Spent the first month of living in an incubator. They played Classical music for me. Explains a lot.

Well, the old me used to think men were like paper towels. Use them and then throw them away, but after dating about 150 men, give or take a few, I became much more sensitive to their plight and now try to treat them as equals, Jimmy.

Fries are not what they used to be, so being one short is probably a good thing, and they're bad for your health too.

I've never been in an incubator, but was in Cuba a few years back, looking to find Ricky Ricardo's birthplace.

I've always wanted to meet someone who was in an incubator while they played Stravinsky's "Rite of Spring" so thanks for sharing that. 

On 7/28/2018 at 10:18 PM, sewhite2000 said:

But sewhite, maybe I'm missing something here ( I admit, that happens more often than I care to say), but as far as I can tell you don't say what thread this post you're referring to was on. Can you enlighten me, please?

Thanks, James, but I'm not insane. It did disappear for a certain amount of time, I would say 15 hours or more. Shortly after I started complaining about its disappearance, it returned. I don't know if I had any impact on that or if it was just a general restoration of genuine threads that got temporarily deleted along with all the spam. Anyway, it was really, honestly gone for a certain amount of time.

8 hours ago, misswonderly3 said:

But sewhite, maybe I'm missing something here ( I admit, that happens more often than I care to say), but as far as I can tell you don't say what thread this post you're referring to was on. Can you enlighten me, please?

It was on General Discussions. It was gone for a while. I complained about it, and soon after, it was magically restored. As I say in the post above, I have no idea if I actually had some power in making that happened or if it was just happenstance.

13 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

Thanks, James, but I'm not insane. It did disappear for a certain amount of time, I would say 15 hours or more. Shortly after I started complaining about its disappearance, it returned. I don't know if I had any impact on that or if it was just a general restoration of genuine threads that got temporarily deleted along with all the spam. Anyway, it was really, honestly gone for a certain amount of time.

Oh,  I believe you.    Like someone else speculated,  it was likely deleted by accident when the mod had to delete all of that spam.    

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings