Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The New Summer Under the Stars Page

sewhite2000

So, I'm checking out the new SUTS page, which you can link to here:

http://summer.tcm.com/

It's pretty straightforward. You don't have to jump through any hoops, make a lot of clicks or wait for some giant picture to load first. I like every movie title being aired all there on one page.

I do think in past years maybe someone at TCM has written a bio paragraph or three about each featured star, and that is missing this year. There are just links to the movies and each star's database page. So, I will put that in the minus columns.

Any other thoughts?

I do like the layout.  I like that it loads quickly and you don't have to wait for the Flash or whatever to load.  I also like that you don't have to click.  I also like the constellation theme that they used. I wish there was a way to switch the time zone, because now I have to do math to see when the film is on for me (lol), but the regular TCM schedule will be sufficient for that need.  

I like the text on a dark background. I also have to use three of my fingers to figure out the CA. time. Not sure why the TCM link is at the bottom, just like on this forum site. Notice how easy it is to get the the shop link.

EDIT: So, I went to the Month Schedule. I changed to Pacific time. Now, when I go to Full TCM Schedule, it defaults to Pacific. Because I use a Windows cleaning app, my browser history will be gone tomorrow, and I can see if switching to Pacific again, works on the daily/weekly schedule too.

3 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

I do like the layout.  I like that it loads quickly and you don't have to wait for the Flash or whatever to load.  I also like that you don't have to click.  I also like the constellation theme that they used. I wish there was a way to switch the time zone, because now I have to do math to see when the film is on for me (lol), but the regular TCM schedule will be sufficient for that need.  

The post I did just two above this one, with the EDIT, works. Tried it with other browsers. Switch the monthly schedule to Pacific and the daily/weekly schedule goes with it.

Quick to load but pretty uninspired.  I remember when they used to do these elaborate animations for each SUTS's page.  One had a circus theme and it was pretty amazing.  

It's criminal that there are no bios on the site, especially for the less well known stars.  I know there's a link to whatever already existed on TCM about each person but, if there isn't much there, you're screwed.

Cheap, cheap, cheap!

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings