Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

R&H Musicals on Valentine's Day

I'd like to really thank TCM for the very fine prime time schedule they have lined up for _Saturday, February 14_ - Valentine's Day.

It includes two R&H musicals:

*The King and I* (1956)

The king of Siam clashes with the British governess hired to teach his children.

Cast: Deborah Kerr, Yul Brynner, Rita Moreno, Martin Benson Dir: Walter Lang C-133 mins, TV-G

king_and_i_poster.jpg

*South Pacific* (1958)

A Navy nurse must choose between love and prejudice during World War II.

Cast: Rossano Brazzi, Mitzi Gaynor, John Kerr, Ray Walston Dir: Joshua Logan C-157 mins, TV-G

SouthPacific0501.jpg

Yeah. Love 'em both. I was especially happy to see the Word of Mouth segment by Mitzi Gaynor, whom I've always been really fond of. She mentioned Doris Day had been a contender for the role, which I can totally see (It's one of those great movie what-ifs.), but Susan Hayward??? Susan has given us many great moments, a number of them unintentional, but, please, not another lip-synch job. Anyway, I was proud of Mitzi, even though I know she has her detractors. Gotta say, though, the whole color-wheel thing still gives me the creeps. Bad creative decision by whomever.

> {quote:title=DougJames wrote:}{quote}

> Can someone, please tell me if South Pacific was actually on Saturday morning (12:30am).

> I was going to tune in but our local TV Lists showed, "Dragon Seed"??

Yes, TCM did show *South Pacific* as scheduled. And *Dragon Seed* is actually scheduled for Feb. 23 at 6:45am ET.

(You're not in Canada, are you? I don't know if the Canadian schedule was the same for that time slot).