Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can you answer this oscar trivia question?

skimpole

Can you answer this oscar trivia question, since I myself don't know the answer.  Form 1944 to 2008, there were five nominees for best picture.  Can anyone name the year these five movies collectively had the most acting nominations (out of 20)?  Can anyone name the year when they had the least? 

• Thanks 1

Don't have the stats on me, but I think 1977 has the record for most nominations grabbed by the BP nominees: 14 Turning Point and Julia had 4 apiece, Goodbye Girl had 3, Annie Hall 2, Star Wars 1. Runners up would be 1967 and 1976 with 13.

Least... That would be 1962 and 2003 tied. Both years only had 4. In 1962,the 4 were split evenly between Lawrence of Arabia and To Kill a Mockingbird, in 2003,it was 3 for Mystic River and 1 for Lost in Translation. 

• Thanks 1

In 1967 2 nominated films accounted for 9 of the acting nominations:  Bonnie and Clyde got 5 and Guess Who's Coming to Dinner got 4..that's the most for just two films in one year, and 13 of the nominees were from nominated films..that might be the most

For 1952, only 4 of the acting nominees were from nominated films..that's the least I can think of

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings