Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Unlikely Sex Objects

CaveGirl

Now I'm talking about in films, but you are welcome to submit any choices from your personal lives too.

My choice is...Steve Buscemi! I first became attracted to him in "Ghost World" where he played the diffident Seymour. His scrawny frame, lanky hair, bad teeth which are far less than straight, and bulgy eyes, started becoming alluring as the film progressed.

Name any actors or actresses who are that close to the boiler room for you to find them attractive, even if others would ostracize you for your taste.

Buscemi is so much more appealing to me than a vapid Ben Affleck or Tom Cruise and I bet would be a lot more interesting to talk to also. I could be wrong though, so I just looked him up on the IMDB, and found this tiny bit of trivia about him, which shows I might be a good judge of character, plus his experience in many differing professions probably helps him being believable as an actor:

"Buscemi showed up at his old firehouse the day after the World Trade Center tragedy in New York to volunteer. He worked twelve hour shifts for a week after the terrorist act, digging through rubble with his old comrades looking for missing firefighters, doing some anonymously."

"Buscemi went through a variety of interesting jobs before hitting it big as a character actor. He worked as a bartender, drove an ice cream truck, attempted stand-up comedy, and (that which he is most proud of) was a professional firefighter (he continues to be a volunteer firefighter)."

Uh-huh, yep! When I was young and happened to catch a flick on that old 21 inch Zenith TV set that included Gale Sondergaard in the cast, I remember thinking what a strange, unusual and almost frightening looking woman she was.

(...and NOW whenever I catch her in some old movie on this 60 inch flat screen Samsung of mine, I kind'a think she's sexy as hell)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Shelley Winters, never saw her as a sex object in any film. Used to see her on Johnny Carson and she rattle on an on about all the leading men she boinked and always wondered if they were all wearing beer-goggles.

Well in her early days she had a nice figure and she could look sexy but,  yea,  I really don't see why any leading man would go out of his way trying to bed her,  even when she looked her best.

Image result for shelley winters

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Well in her early days she had a nice figure and she could look sexy but,  yea,  I really don't see why any leading man would go out of his way trying to bed her,  even when she looked her best.

Image result for shelley winters

Maybe her leading men didn't have to go out of their way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Uh-huh, yep! When I was young and happened to catch a flick on that old 21 inch Zenith TV set that included Gale Sondergaard in the cast, I remember thinking what a strange, unusual and almost frightening looking woman she was.

(...and NOW whenever I catch her in some old movie on this 60 inch flat screen Samsung of mine, I kind'a think she's sexy as hell)

I can totally understand that, Dargo. She does have a certain sinisterly exciting allure.

Thanks for sharing!

19 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

Shelley Winters, never saw her as a sex object in any film. Used to see her on Johnny Carson and she rattle on an on about all the leading men she boinked and always wondered if they were all wearing beer-goggles.

I dunno, Joe but she sure had her share of good looking men like Tony Franciosa and Vittorio Gassman, and Burt Lancaster and the list goes on and on.

The girl musta had something! Thanks for your entry...

2 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

Telly Savalas. A weird-looking guy, until he became Kojak. Then women went nuts for him ... or so I read.

I'm a woman, Tor...I mean, SCSU and I didn't go "nuts" for Telly, in fact I kind of found him revolting!

But to each his own and he definitely qualifies as to an "unlikely sex object" since I do remember many women liking him. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

It maybe just me, but what about Deborah Kerr, I never thought her all that much either.  

Not sure if she was ever considered a sex object, unless it was due to From Here To Eternity (which I continue to insist is an overrated film ... oh well).

However, she looked lovely in Quo Vadis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cigarjoe said:

It maybe just me, but what about Deborah Kerr, I never thought her all that much either.  

Yeah, it's probably just you here, CJ.

And 'cause I always thought Deborah Kerr was beautiful, and I'll bet many others have always thought so too.

(...in that "Ice Princess" sort'a way, anyway)

• Like 2

Okay, so how about June Allyson?

I guess she was always considered by most of America back in the day as being "cute", but frankly and until recently she never did a thing for me.

Yep, THAT'S right, I said "until recently" here, and because I have to admit each time I happen to catch her in a movie she did before around 1950 and before she started sportin' that godawful little haircut of hers, I find myself a little more attracted to her each and every time.

(...sorry DownGoesFrazier, wherever you are...I remember how much you despised her);)

LOL 

2 minutes ago, Dargo said:

I guess she was always considered by most of America back in the day as being "cute", but frankly and until recently she never did a thing for me.

Yep, THAT'S right, I said "until recently" here, and because I have to admit each time I happen to catch her in a movie she did before around 1950 and after she started sportin' that godawful little haircut of hers, I find myself a little more attracted to her each and every time.

(...sorry DownGoesFrazier, wherever you are...I remember how much you despised her);)

LOL 

You've got the hots for June Allyson and you think I'm weird for liking Edward Arnold?!?  ?

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Yep, THAT'S right, I said "until recently" here, and because I have to admit each time I happen to catch her in a movie she did before around 1950 and before she started sportin' that godawful little haircut of hers, I find myself a little more attracted to her each and every time.

LOL 

With regards to Deborah Kerr;   while she was an attractive women,  I never felt that she gave off a lot of sex appeal.    (unlike fellow ice princess Grace Kelly).

Image result for debbera kerr

As for June Allyson;   When was your last appointment with the eye doctor? 

• Haha 3

Geeeeeze, I KNEW I'd get a whole lot of crap for admitting to this June Allyson thing!!!

(...I hope you folks know that somewhere out there DGF is probably smilin' a big ol' smile right about now)

;)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Polly of the Pre-Codes said:

Now I've known for some time that I like my beefcake with a nice amount of marbling (the current "dad bod" thing is this kitten's catnip). But one night I found myself crushing on Roscoe Arbuckle.

Better to be crushing on Roscoe than Roscoe crushing on you (just ask Virginia Rappe).  ?  (Yes, I know the true story so this is a bad joke but I couldn't resist and I like some marbling, too.)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings