Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you could ask Lucille Ball A Question

Hello to all the Lucille Ball fans out there!

I have an important question to ask you!

If you could ask Lucille Ball any question in the entire world what would you say?

Weather it's about I Love Lucy, her movies, her life when she was a kid, or just plain anything!

I think that she is one of the best actresses in the entire world!

I've read so many wonderful things about Lucille Ball, and one that always stuck in my mind is how she remembered other actors when she was a struggling beginner in Hollywood. One such person was Barbara Pepper, not a well-known actress in Hollywood, but one who was around for a long time, usually in B Westerns or in featured roles in A movies. Lucille used Barbara Pepper in numerous episodes of I Love Lucy, having never forgotten the times when the two of them were new to Hollywood and struggling to make names for themselves. Sometimes Ms. Pepper would be featured quite prominently in the episodes, and other times she would just be in the background with no lines of dialog. That says a lot for Ms. Ball, doesn't it?

Terrence.

• 4 weeks later...

My question would be "How come it took all those great brains in Hollywood so long to fingure out what you were good for?"

Lucille Ball was a good dramatic actress (The Big Street or Five Came Back) but comedy seemed to really be her forte, whether it be playing the smart-mouthed sidekick in films like Stage Door, Without Love and Follow the Fleet or broader, slapstick such as Miss Grant Takes Richmond (the bit with the typewriter ribbon in the beginning was a stitch!) it should have been obvious. Shouldn't it?

I guess this will remain one of the unsolved mysteries of Hollywood. It is so hard to believe that Lucille Ball actually was not considered a major star during the 40's. It was not until she went to TV that her talent was put on display so wonderfully.

Terrence.

Yeah...I don't undertand that...they put her in so many wondeful movies, yet they never thought of her as a big "A MOVIE" star...I think that "I Love Lucy" was her big break, and Desi Arnaz's also. It was always their dream to make a TV show or movie with each other and their dream came true. :)

Message was edited by: LucyDesiJunieKate

• 2 weeks later...

THE LONG, LONG TRAILER is my favorite Lucille Ball film. The newlywed premise is given a fun twist when Nicky and Tracy decide to start married life in a trailer and hit the road. Lucy and Desi look fabulous in color..and the outdoor scenes (especially Yosemite) are wonderful. Fave scenes: going up that steep, steep grade, with all those hidden rocks suddenly bustin' loose all over..and who can forget Desi, driving the trailer and singing about their upcoming dinner while Lucy is being slammed and tossed about the kitchen.with condiments and lettuce and everything else flying all over the place as the trailer is hauled over very bumpy ground. Priceless!

• 2 weeks later...

I had forgotten all about "Five Came Back." That's a really good film and I'm ready to see it again. Ditto for the remake, "Back from Eternity" with Robert Ryan and Keith Andes. Anita Ekberg plays the Lucille Ball role.

Terrence.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes...I would have to agree that I would probably be too star struck...but i guess that doesn't really matter...cus i think that this is the closest that we can get to asking her questions. The Long Long Trailer is my all time favorite too and it would be interesting to see which I Love Lucy episode she enjoyed more than others. KEEP IT UP!!! :)