Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Idea for Theme Week: International Film Fest

LueBang

I enjoy the foreign films your network shows from time to time. I have enjoyed throughly the international movies you have been showing during the 31 Days of Oscar(one of my favorite programming themes you have, been enjoying it for years) Perhaps the theme week will be able to showcase these films, *for example*, Sunday- French cinema(ie. Diabolique, The Battle for Algiers,or Elevator to the Gallows); Monday-Spanish(language)films (ie. Dracula(spanish version from the 30's), El Norte(circa early 80's); Tuesday- German films(ie. Metropolis, Nosferatu, Das Boot; Wednesday-Italian films(ie. anything with Michael Masatroni and Sophia Loren, Fellini, etc; Friday- Japanese films(ie. The Seven Samurai, The Bad Sleep Well); and Saturday- a hodge-podge of movies from around the world(countries like Brazil; India, Greece, etc). This coiuld work well in October, or during the United Nations' International Week celebrations(October 20-26). Please think about it. From an AVID movie fan. PS. It would be great if fans can pick some of their favorites, vote, and have the winning movies played. It would definitely ensure a greater response and participation.

• 2 weeks later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings