Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ben Johnson, Someone to remember

lulu2u

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> Cinemafan and Kathy got me looking at hats so closely. I never really noticed it before!

>

As you know, hats were acutely important to Ford. He felt they stated alot about the

character's individuality.

I wish men still wore them and for the same reason.

> I was thinking about Dobe and Maureen O'Hara. As I recall, the only scene they really have together in Rio Grande is the washing scene, in which she is throwing wet laundry on him! He's her drying rack! Ha ha! Poor boy.....

Yes, he has the minor role with more of the supporting focus being on Claude, Ben and even

Vicki. But, he's still part of the "family". The whole regiment does feel like a family.

OH MY GOLLY!!! I have not been making the rounds on this board too much the last week or so... and tonight is the first night I have really traveled around to check out a few threads other than the rambles... and when I popped in here what did I find?????????? It's a veritable treasure trove of screencaps of our beloved BEN!!!!!!! WOW. Thanks SO very much Ms. Favell... what a terrific time I have had in veiwing all of them...

I WOULD try to tell you which one is my fave.. but everytime I think I have settled on one... then I find another... I think though... I really like the one where he is looking all "Aw shucks" (I just love to say that) while he has his hat in his hand.

Thanks again for the great caps, young'un!! :-)

> {quote:title=rohanaka wrote:}{quote}

> I WOULD try to tell you which one is my fave.. but everytime I think I have settled on one... then I find another... I think though... I really like the one where he is looking all "Aw shucks" (I just love to say that) while he has his hat in his hand.

>

> Thanks again for the great caps, young'un!! :-)

You just wait a little while, because pretty soon there'll be a few more screencaps of Ben Johnson here. ;)

> {quote:title=rohanaka wrote:}{quote}

> OH MY GOLLY!!! I have not been making the rounds on this board too much the last week or so... and tonight is the first night I have really traveled around to check out a few threads other than the rambles... and when I popped in here what did I find?????????? It's a veritable treasure trove of screencaps of our beloved BEN!!!!!!! WOW. Thanks SO very much Ms. Favell... what a terrific time I have had in veiwing all of them...

>

> I WOULD try to tell you which one is my fave.. but everytime I think I have settled on one... then I find another... I think though... I really like the one where he is looking all "Aw shucks" (I just love to say that) while he has his hat in his hand.

>

> Thanks again for the great caps, young'un!! :-)

Howdy there, Miss Jill. I've been waiting for you......

I feel bad because I don't have any from Mighty Joe Young for you....

these are the only ones I could find on the net:

Photobucket

Photobucket

There's plenty of Ben to go around, ladies, and I like to share. I am glad to show him off.

feel bad because I don't have any from Mighty Joe Young for you

Oh don't feel bad, young'un... you are too sweet for your own good... and besides... it looks like you found a couple of good ones. And also.... I just watched this w/ the kidling not all that long ago!! I still stand by my statement... it's my fave for him...ha. (but maybe for sentimental reasons... because you have REALLY been showing me a whole new side to him and his talent as an actor w/ all your posts) Keep up the good work kiddo. I am really enjoying these pics!! Thanks again!!

Ro- I really love that site. My only wish is that I could see those pictures up close..... My favorites are the top right one in the small group below the other Ben links, and then another one below that looks like it is from the same movie. He is wearing a buckskin shirt with leather buttonholes, has a little beard, and a (sigh) white hat...... :)

I don't know. I can't make up my mind which way I like him better - with the beard or without. He's so darn cute without, but the beard makes him look a little devilish, and I can't resist it......

Oh, and I love the picture with his wife.... they are so adorable, and he looks shy and she has her arm around him. I looked for other pictures of her, but I haven't found any yet.....

Message was edited by: JackFavell

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> Ha haaa!! That's GREAT! And he just looks pert near good enough to eat in those caps...

Doesn't he? I'm blushing just looking at the pictures of him. I've been saving these caps up for special. I'll post some more later, if no one minds.

I have a thing for his eyebrow.... he has a habit of raising one eyebrow and it slays me..... he is such a gorgeous hunk of man anyway.... but with the eyebrow raised.....mmm..... mmmm. I'd follow him anywhere.

What am I saying? He wouldn't have to raise his eyebrow.

In that post you sent me, Ben has his hands crossed over one another, and this is a very characteristic pose of his when sitting on his horse. If he's in a scene without too much dialogue for him, he will just end up with his hands crossed over like that, listening. I like how Ford always shoots him from up under like that, too. Just Ben and the sky - very heroic.

By the way, apparently he is in *Oklahoma!* on tonight at 9:30. He has a small role as a wrangler! It's a bit of a stretch for him.....

>

> Doesn't he? I'm blushing just looking at the pictures of him. I've been saving these caps up for special. I'll post some more later, if no one minds.

>

Mind? We'd mind if you DIDN'T post them. :)

> I have a thing for his eyebrow.... he has a habit of raising one eyebrow and it slays me..... he is such a gorgeous hunk of man anyway.... but with the eyebrow raised.....mmm..... mmmm. I'd follow him anywhere.

>

You mean all Ben has to do is crook his little eyebrow and you'll come a runin'? :D

> What am I saying? He wouldn't have to raise his eyebrow.

>

So you'll just be runin' eyebrow or no eyebrow. Poor Victor Mature, he grew all

those extry eyebrows for nothin'.

Why do I feel compelled to talk "country" in a Ben Johnson thread? :D

> In that post you sent me, Ben has his hands crossed over one another, and this is a very characteristic pose of his when sitting on his horse. If he's in a scene without too much dialogue for him, he will just end up with his hands crossed over like that, listening. I like how Ford always shoots him from up under like that, too. Just Ben and the sky - very heroic.

>

Which side does he part his hair? Ha!! I'm teasing because I'm just as bad. Actually, he usually

has a little lop of hair that falls over his forehead doesn't he?

> By the way, apparently he is in *Oklahoma!* on tonight at 9:30. He has a small role as a wrangler! It's a bit of a stretch for him.....

I wish he had the lead, I might like the movie more if he was.

Archived