I was watching Gaslight and it froze into a pixilated

frame on my den television.

Checked in my living room

TV and the screen is also frozen.

It says "Rear Window" at the bottom of the screen but

there is nothing playing.

It is 1:38pm eastern. Sunday March1

I hope someone will fix this soon.

All my other channels on both sets are working fine.

Moved this thread to general discussions.

I do hope the problem may have resolved itself as it could have been the cable company. The thread you originally posted this in is for Technical questions concerning the message boards.

Have a great day. :)

I didn't see Gaslight yesterday. With a different cable provider I experienced the same problem watching Rear Window. As soon as Ben began his intro there were a long series of freezes - audio and visual. Sometimes the screen would go black showing 'poor signal' then a frozen Ben would pop up with 5 or 6 uninterrupted words then Ben's image would skip forward as the audio froze. All other channels are fine. This continued through the first 5 minutes of the film. No problems after that.

Yesterday *Rear Window* was pixilated at the start but there wasn't any major drop out that I remember.

Usually these are cable provider issues. But, yesterday Atlanta had a rare snowstorm so that may have affected the satellite transmissions. But I can't say for sure.

Kyle In Hollywood

This happened to me as well. You don't mention where you live, but in New York we have the sad luck of having TCM on Channel 82, which Time Warner people have told me is the first channel to go wonky if there is a problem of any sort. They have told me they get more complaints about freezing on TCM than on other channels.

From the TCM Support Center:

Knowledge Base

TCM Support > Film Presentation >

Help! I am having problems with my TCM signal!

Your cable or satellite company is largely responsible for the quality of your picture and sound. TCM monitors and quality controls its signal when it leaves the building and usually that signal is in pristine condition. How you receive the picture is largely dependent upon your cable or satellite company, and consequently, they are often in the best position to correct any glitches. In fact, if the problem is from our signal, EVERYONE watching would be experiencing the same problem and we would receive thousands of complaints.

We recommend contacting a friend or family member in the area and asking them if they are experiencing the same problem. If they are, you know the problem is in your area. If not, the problem is likely more isolated. Either way, this is good information to have when calling your cable provider.

If the problem continues for more than a few hours, please contact us

This is soooooo true, Chip. I was watching "Psycho" and just as the 'shower scene' came on, it froze just as 'Mom' came up to the shower curtain. You could hear the screams and Hermann's music, but the silhouette was stolen.

Kind of creepy actually, but not as creepy as when I went on Face Book and saw a message from a

Message was edited by CineMaven: oh darn! Another frozen moment.

> {quote:title=TCM_Renee wrote:}{quote}

> Moved this thread to general discussions.

>

> I do hope the problem may have resolved itself as it could have been the cable company. The thread you originally posted this in is for Technical questions concerning the message boards.

>

> Have a great day. :)

TCM_ Renee - I didn't realize you worked for TCM. This is the first time I have seen a thread moved and am happy to see someone "caring" for this board. Maybe there can be less clutter with a little housekeeping here and there. cinemafan.