Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oscars

Terrence1

I'm curious what others thought of the recent Oscar telecast. I thought Hugh Jackman did a terrific job as emcee. Not an easy thing to do. He is so talented---he sings, he dances, he has a sense of humor, and seems to always be enjoying himself (Plus, he's mighty easy on the eyes, which always helps!) However, there are several things I wish they had done differently. They are:

1. While I enjoyed the former winners talking directly to the nominees, I did miss the film clips showing why each person was nominated. This especially is helpful if I've never seen the movie.

2. During the In Memorium section, someone had the crazy idea to try to be creative with the camera angles. This was one time when they should have just shown the pictures of the people we lost during the past year. The first person mentioned in this segment was Cyd Charisse, but because the camera was on Queen Latifah and other distractions, I was never quite sure who was being remembered.

3. I missed the nominated songs being performed in their entirety. The way they ran them all together, I was never certain when one song ended and the next one began. Plus, they were combining the current nominated songs with winners from previous years. Very distracting, and an insult to the composers of the nominated songs.

But all in all, I did enjoy the show very much. How do others feel about this show?

Terrence.

Archived