Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LucyDesiJunieKate

If you could ask June Allyson a question

Ok...I have a question for all you June Allyson fans...If you could ask June Allyson a question what would you say?

It can be anything...to her life in the movie business, to her life when she was a child...ANYTHING!

I think that she is one of the best actresses in the world and I hope to keep on seeing more of her movies and learning more about her! :)

Hello there, mutual June Allyson fan. I've always loved her in the movies. I always felt that in her personal life she really was a nice person. (For some reason, that has always been important to me.) My two favorite musical numbers she performed are "Varsity Drag" from "Good News" and "Now, Baby, Now" from "The Opposite Sex." My question to her would be which musical numbers she enjoyed the most and which performers she personally felt the most comfortable with.

Terrence.

*My question to her would be which musical numbers she enjoyed the most...*

If I remember correctly from Robert Osborne's interview,*Good News* was her favorite film (along with *Little Women* ?), so it probably was indeed *Varsity Drag* . It's my favorite, too.

I personally think that that style of hair suited her very well and I think that it made her look so cute. Sorry Raining Violets 101 but that is my opinion and I would think that most people would agree with me. :)

I would ask if she wanted to do more characters like the one she did in "The Shrike" which was a complete opposite to the others she did in her career.

I once read that June Allyson loved doing "The Shrike" because it was such a departure from the light, breezy things she had done at MGM.. Her main complaint with the movie was that they changed the ending, making her a little more sympathetic. She preferred that the character be pure evil. She also made a romantic drama with Jeff Chandler called "Stranger In My Arms" that I thought she did quite well. I really miss her.

Terrence.

I hope to see "Stranger In My Arms" someday. What are your thoughts on her role in "Too Young to Kiss"? She was really funny in this one posing as a child and I could tell she enjoyed playing a variety of characters which showed her versatility as a great actress. Not sure if I'll ever have the opportunity to come across "The Shrike" but it's one I've been wanting to see for the longest.

Hi, Metsfan. I also hope to see "Stranger in my Arms' again sometime. I really liked that one. I felt she and Jeff Chandler made a great couple and it's an intruiguing story. "The Shrike" is not shown often, but perhaps TCM will allow us to see that one sometime soon.

Terrence.

I wish to see "The Shrike" also. It looks good but I don't think that it will be one of my favorites because we are all so used to having June play the sweet, nice, pretty, and cute person and I couldn't possibly picture her being mean and nasty but someday I plan to have seen all of her movies and that one is on my "Need to See Soon" list. :)

Message was edited by: LucyDesiJunieKate

Dear Terrence,

Thanks for sharing so much great info on these actors because I noticed that you replied to my "If you could ask Lucille Ball a question" post and you gave some info abou her that I didn't know and it was pleasant to find out new things about Lucy and June! Thanks! :)

Dear metsfan,

I think that her role in Two Young Too Kiss was the best one I have seen yet! She was soooo funny and you really can tell that she enjoyed her role very much! I can't tell you how much I love her and I think that she was great with Van and I hope that these movies never go away and stay on this channel and no one will forget them! :)

I recall many years ago that an artical in the Little Rock, Arkansas paper said that June and husband Dick Powell had arrived in Little Rock in route to visit Dick's parents in a tiny Ozark village of Mountain View. I would love to ask her what a New York city girl thought of Powell's hometown.

Wow! That is a cool question! A New York City girl liking a small town is kind of hard to believe, but I think that she was so much in love that it didn't matter if it was Hollywood or Little Rock. :)

Wow! Hi, Lucy/Desi/Junie/Kate. That was so nice what you said about the information I gave on Lucille Ball. You really have made my day! I'll look for more entries from you.

Terrence.

Terrance...there is another one of my threads in the romantic comedy forum and it is titled "If You Could Ask Katharine Hepurn A Question" and no one has replied to it and if you have any good info on her than can u please post it so that other viewers can see...thanks again and I am glad that i made your day. :)

Hi, [~LucyDesiJunieKate]

Although I really love June in that movie, my favorite movie of hers has to be Little Women. She plays Jo so excellently. I think she is by far better than Katherine Hepburn's interpretation as Jo. She doesn't over-do it; she plays the sideways girlish tom-boy who does not want anything to change. It really is a reflection of a lot of people's views on growing up. What I love about this the most, and it actually makes the film a little more enjoyable, is that this role was actually her favorite one. :) Because you, not only see her acting talents showing through, but her enjoyment of it. Have you ever seen "Good News?" I had seen it several times before, but I only ever caught the ending of it and had never seen the movie all the way through, now that I have, I have to say that this movie is added to the list of my favorite movies. It pairs her and Lawford up once again! It is so good! If you ever get a chance, you should watch it!

If I could ask June a question, I am not even sure what I would ask. She was so fantastic. I would probably ask her how she felt about Peter Lawford and playing his love interest several times! Even though she was several years older than him, but how lucky was she! I love Lawford. Sooo handsome.