Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[b]The TCM 15th Anniversary Guest Programmers Thread[/b]

> {quote:title=moirafinnie6 wrote:}{quote}

> Do you hear that distant quiet roar?

>

> It's the wave of joy that is building among many TCM viewers for each one of our own as, one by one, the Fan Programmers step into the arena and prove their movielovin' mettle. Metaphorically at least, Theresa, Lani and Peter all deserve to be drawn through the TCM City streets on the back of a golden chariot with rose petals strewn in your path for your splendid kick-off of this stellar week.

I don't know that anybody could have said it better. I'm truly in awe of all the guest programmers from the first day, and I'm thrilled that there are still 12 more waiting for us through the rest of the week. I can't think of a better way for TCM to celebrate this 15th anniversary, and it's been a real pleasure to watch so far!

MissG and JackFavell,

Thank you for all you said. I have to tell you, it was a complete thrill seeing myself last night on TCM. I was so nervous how it would turn out but I actually impressed myself (believe me, that is very easy to do, LOL). When I woke up this morning, I realized my 15 minutes of fame are gone and are now being passed on to tonght's wonderful group.

MissG, you have nothing to worry about, You are going to look and sound as great as you do in person. What a night this is going to be!

Jack, I never realized until I read what you wrote about the "dreaming" comment that you are absolutely correct. It's amazing that I never made that connection until now, but it is another way I feel an identification to the main character on the film.

Moira, as far as a chariot for me through the streets, there better me one of those guys along who says, "Remember, thou art only a man" or else this will all go to my head.

Peter

Maven and all,

I am an avid lurker, and have been for years (except for the occasional question post), but had to write and congratulate Maven on her debut last night, and to thank her for introducing me to my new all-time favorite movie, The Letter. I don't like the expression "blown away," but I was by that movie, blown away and spellbound. I won't comment on it, as many others have done so much more eloquently than I could. It is beyond a classic.

You were poised, and have grace and charm to be envied.

I, too, am a NYC girl and watched Million Dollar Movie every chance I got. I think I'm older than you but we are of the same "era." I had the privilege of hearing James M. Cain speak at the AFI over 30 years ago after a screening of Double Indemnity. Your reminescence of being with your Aunt Hattie at Town Hall reminded me of that night.

I thought I was the only little girl who loved old movies with a passion far beyond my years. Wish we could have known each other then.

Peter, a job well done. Congratulations! I also enjoyed the movie. Especially good were Langella and O'Connor although Hulce was a bit too nerdy.

Kudos to you for bringing this film to light.

Photobucket

HAPPY 15th. ANNIVERSARY TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES

April 14, 1994 to April 14, 2009

Message was edited by: mongo

Congrats to you Mr. Filmlover!!!! Nice work. You were a natural.

PS.... MISS GODDESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!! Your big day is here!!! Best Wishes kid. I know it is going to be terrific!!!!!!! Afterall... TODAY is.... NOT just.... another day!!!! I am on the edge of my seat for sure!! :D

Great job, Filmlover. You looked mighty comfortable in that red chair. Alec Baldwin better look out. Nice choice in *Those Lips, Those Eyes*. I can see where it would be quite special for anyone working summer stock. I couldn't help thinking that a follow-up of sorts came out a couple of years later: Take the Langella, Hulce and O'Conner characters, move them to Manhattan, change the venue to Television and the actors to Peter O'Toole, Mark-Linn Baker and Jessica Harper and title it *My Favorite Year*.

Peter, I loved seeing and listening to your very personal connection to THOSE LIPS, THOSE EYES, which I hadn't seen before and I'm so glad I did. For years I've always known that Frank Langella was a fine actor but I had taken him for "granted" all this time. But I just adored his performance as Harry Crystal! This makes me want to go back and see everything else he's ever done.

She's got her hair and make-up scorecard at the ready.

Oh, gad!! There is ONE woman out there in the dark I'm going to be biting

my knuckles over her reaction---MRS BRONXGIRL!!!! :D:D:D

Be sure there is a "less than Zero" column on the scorecard.

I apologize in advance to all the fans of the best motion picture ever made ( ;) ) if I

let them down in any way.

Good afternoon, Katie Scarlett -- Good taste is something you'll never

understand as long as you live, FrankGrimes! :P

If I keep hanging around you, you're right. Gone With the Wind? Dreadful. I pity

poor Robert Osborne. He thought he had seen it all until... :P I'm wondering if they

edited out the moment where you slapped him. :D

Good afternoon, Lady B -- You are no gentleman from Atlanta, sir!

That's because I'm a gentleman from Pennsylvania. There are such things, right?

Gone With the Wind, John Ford, Gary Cooper... ugh! I don't think TCM is

gonna survive this week! :P

>

>

>

>

> Good afternoon, Lady B -- You are no gentleman from Atlanta, sir!

>

> That's because I'm a gentleman from Pennsylvania. There are such things, right?

Greetings, Carpetbagger!

Hey, Jimmy Stewart's from Pennsylvania, and so is Duane Doberman.

Lots of gentlemen.

>

> Gone With the Wind, John Ford, Gary Cooper... ugh! I don't think TCM is

> gonna survive this week! :P

Oh, poor baby, LOL