Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[b]The TCM 15th Anniversary Guest Programmers Thread[/b]

You were wonderful, April. You had so much poise. One would never think you were nervous; instead, it looked like you two were having a lot of fun. And I, too, had forgotten that very sweet laugh. Great interview, MissG!!!

actionsgirl,

Hi and welcome to the forums! :)

> {quote:title=actionsgirl wrote:}{quote}

> I'm next...ugh! Hope I'm as good!

I take it you are Lisa M.? If so, great choice for your guest appearance, congratulations and I'm looking forward to your intro/outro!

Actionsgirl!

Wow! What a surprise! I'm sure you'll be just as wonderful as all the rest. You were so relaxed in your interview, like you were talking with an old friend.

Glad to see you stop by and enjoy your upcoming moment in the TCM Spotlight!

*"And to my Fab 15, missing this soo much! Been out of town & busy but thinking of u soo much! Don't want it all to end!"* - 'actionsgirl' (Great, great "nick" there, gal.)

Lisa! How's my favorite person with whom to share a car to the airport? I hope you and the family are well.

I'm really looking forward to seeing you tonight. And I hope you (and Mom and Dad) are too.

Sorry to hear you're away from home. Please get back to LA soon.

Kyle In Hollywood

Lisa, we've missed you! I'm looking forward to seeing you in a few hours. Is this your first night of catching the intros? I hoipe you got to see the others becuase I have been so impressed by all concerned.

And you get to be on tonight on this very special evening, the real 15th anniversary of TCM!

Peter

I know I'm late to chime in on April's intro, but I scheduled a dinner date to allow me to see the intro and then dash out.

You were terrific, Miss G. Looked lovely (of course), but more important you impart a lovely understanding of this film. I grew up in Georgia, where *GWTW* is second only to The Bible. Your intro was so nice I made sure I made it home in time to hear your outro live.

I'd say more, but Emmy Slattery just turned up at the gates of Tara, and I gotta see this.

MissG......thank you very much for the poster! By the way, you had a wonderful intro to the first TCM film. You put Scarlett to shame. And a warm welcome to actionsgirl! I know you will be great as well. Happy 15th to all the fans out there!

hey april dahlink!

lets throw a tea party to celebrate everyone's intro's! Theresa, i missed your intro, im terribly sorry, but work held me in and i didnt get home fast enough. i really wanted to see it though! i bet you did onderfully just as apil did too. :)

april, you were very confident up there with bob and looked ever so gorgeous in your dress. loved your heels! momma said to tell you that you have a beautiful smile! heehee! i agree!

i cant wait to see everyone else's. i literally squeal in excitement, b/c im so excited to watch ya'll. heehee!

Hey there...let me back up for one second and play catch-up.

Filmlover, I enjoyed your intro with Mr. Osborne. Whoa, dude you called him "Robert." My my you did look relaxed out there. Very natural. And sparked Mr. O's interest becuz of your film pick. Congratulations 'lover. Did you fill out your job application yet?? That's not London calling...it's TCM.

Great job.

Butterscotchgreer...no worries.

PIC_1288.jpg

HI MISS GODDESS.... Miss Melly and I are so happy for you!! What a treat to see you on TV tonight!! :-) You were lovely, young lady!!! And so poised and graceful. Congrats, to you little Missy! Nicely done. :-)

Message was edited by: rohanaka

Uh-oh...Miss Goddess you'll be up again in a moment. Can't wait. Rhett is packing for the last time to leave the marriage. He says a great line: "It seems as if we'd been at cross-purposes."

And...

Scarlett: "I only know that I love you."

Rhett: That's your misfortune."

Great *GWTW* outro, and nice story about those Lana Turner earrings. :D

actionsgirl,

I loved your *Singin' in the Rain* intro!! Glad you mentioned Robert Watson, because I don't think I'd know what his name was otherwise! But you're right about the numbers with Gene and Donald. What a great screen pair they made - wish they'd made more movies together. (Debbie Reynolds is the icing on the cake, naturally).

"You're adorable," said Robert Osborne. What a testament. You did a great job MissGoddess. You captured the romance of the two main characters when you talked of the scene with Scarlett purposely putting on that hat the wrong way. They both had a glint in their eye and you expressed that wonderfully. Now I remember watching you in the Green Room and hearing you talk of that scene and thinking "Nah!" But now tonite having looked at the scene and remembering you saying that I have to say, "who am I not to listen?"

I think Mr. O. was smitten by the greatest fan of the greatest movie ever made.

Wonderful watching you Miss Goddess. :-)

Message was edited by CineMaven because I just had to emphasize Robert saying: adorable. All hail the Goddess!

Very well done, MG! You managed to out-sparkle your earrings. Your enthusiasm for *GWTW* almost made me want to watch it again. Not likely to happen, but almost . ;-) You were brilliant.

Great intro, actionsgirl. Really enjoyed your passion for *SITR* . I love the "Moses Supposes" number too. Can't stay up any longer, though, but will watch the rest of it, your outro, and CEBandello's slot within a couple of days. Thanks for picking one of my favorites.

Message was edited by: patful, who got tired of using the word enthusiasm

MissG,

Your outro was great! Loved the Lana Turner story about your earrings. You did a fabulous job!

Actionsgirl,

Congratulations on a lively open. Your description of the difference between Gene Kelly and Fred Astaire was CLASSIC!

Congratulations to both of you!

Great job and congratulations to all the TCM Guest Programmers!

MissGoddess:

You were wonderful, and the earrings story was so nice. I was thinking that since the earrings once belonged to Lana Turner, you could name them your Turner Classic Earrings!

April you were wonderful. When I got home I watched your intro and then joined the movie in progress right after the intermission. It really does pull you in and keep you there. I sat right through to the end and then saw your closing comments.

You did a great job. That is starting to sound like a broken record but it's also very true. I knew you would be great at introducing *Gone With The Wind*. I've seen your passion for the film in your writings here on the board. You actually looked totally comfortable and in your element discussing it with Mr. Osborne.

((I also think RO was a tad smitten :) ))

I really hope you enjoyed your moment MissG, you know we did!

Bravo!

Bravo!

harvey-59.jpg?t=1239770051

Smitten? I think Robert Osborne is now looking for loopholes in Alec Baldwin's contract to get him out and replace him with April as his Essentials co-host.

Truth be told, every guy had a crush on Miss April in Atlanta.

April, you were absolutely wonderful. I had to tone down my screen's brightness because you sparkled so much. It must be so hard for you walking down the streets of Manhattan knowing every man you pass has just fallen in love with your beauty and your personality.

Rome, that was a _great_ intro to *Angels*, you have a great smile and such friendly tone of voice, and I really adored your description of your grandpa, I can just picture him so vividly from how you described him. :)

actionsgirl, I had forgotten to say earlier how much I admired your father in *West Side Story*, he and all the other Jets made a big impression on me and I watched it for the first time when I was really young, but I was already starting to pay close attention to the credits and the cast names at the end of the movie, and I definitely remember looking for the handsome young man who'd played Action. He was definitely lucky to be part of such a first-rate cast!

CEBandello,

If I hadn't been in the green room watching you, I would never have know that you were the first interview on the first day of taping. Jet-lag? What jet-lag? Party-lag? What party-lag?

Your smile lit up the set. Mr Cutter and I were watching and smiling with you. Loved the story about your grandfather.

"Leave 'em something to remember."

You did indeed!

Bravo, CE!!!