Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
filmlover

[b]The TCM 15th Anniversary Guest Programmers Thread[/b]

I meant the couple of films not the people. Ignore you? Never. You can bet I'll have those of this group on the boards. I already have everyone's photo saved so I can refer to you when needed. April is much cuter than you. Although that is a nice suit.

I saw you on the 15 second spot last night. They barely gave you enough time to shake Robert's hand until they moved on to someone else.

You bet I'll be taping your choice. I am one of the great masses who has never heard of your film so that I may be up on things I'll be checking yours out.

See you on the big red chair.

Yes, she's much cuter than I am. But, heck, the chair is much cuter than I am.

My favorite spot so far is the one-minute version in which I get to shake hands and talk, too (even though I felt like that kid in "Safe at Home" who would stare in awe at the two legendary baseball players before him, and kept repeating, "Mickey Mantle...Roger Maris..."; in my case it was staring in awe and repeating, "Robert Osborne...TCM...").

Awwwwwwwwwwww don't sell yourself short, filmlover. You were cuter than the big red leather chair. But you did run neck and neck with the TCM mug though. Sorry, just calling 'em like I see 'em.

;-)

The new TCM Coffee Mug.

With TCM's 15 Anniversary and the Fan Programmer Event, TCM is introducing a brand new coffee mug for use on-set and for sale in the TCM shop. It's a beautiful, cobalt blue spherical mug and of substantial heft.

While the new mugs are for sale in the TCM Shop, the TCM Shop mug comes with the logo on one side only. All 15 Fan Programmers were given a special edition mug with the logo on two sides. Even the crew couldn't get their hands on those. And boy, were the envious.

Kyle In Hollywood

I just felt like I was listening to a commercial on an oldtime radio program for a Little Orphan Annie mug. : )

Seriously, though, these mugs are great. I have one here at my desk and work and one on my coffee table at home for when I watch TCM.

> Seriously, though, these mugs are great. I have one here at my desk and work and one on my coffee table at home for when I watch TCM.

I wonder which of the two is the "special edition" mug.

Alas, I guess those "special edition" mugs will *not* be finding their way to online auction sites. ;)

> Maybe TCM will put the fan intros on the media page?

Do you mean the "Media Room"? I think that's an excellent idea. In the meantime, I wonder if any of the guest programmers from the boards would mind terribly if we were to post screenshots from the promos?

*Do you mean the "Media Room"? I think that's an excellent idea. In the meantime, I wonder if any of the guest programmers from the boards would mind terribly if we were to post screenshots from the promos?*

There are people in the Fan Programmer Promos that are not members of this board. So, we'd like to request that we be given some time to talk with all of them about this request before anyone starts going to the trouble of making screencaps or posting them here.

We will try to have an answer for you as quickly as we can but in the meantime, we hope everyone here will understand.

Thank-you.

*"...I wonder if any of the guest programmers from the boards would mind terribly if we were to post screenshots from the promos?"*

Screenshots of our faces? Why? And for what purpose?

These Forums already have links posted in them directing the reader to a Press Release about TCM's Anniversary including accompanying photos of all 15 Fan Programmers. Plus, the Fan Programmers will be featured in a special Anniversary Microsite which TCM is preparing and in April the Movie Morlocks website will also be focusing on the Fan Programmers' experiences in Atlanta.

This isn't _America's Next Top TCM Programmer_. I don't see any necessity in cluttering up this thread with screenshots from TCM's promos for the Anniversary Event. No offense to my fellow Programmers, but we weren't selected to participate because we're photogeninc. We're there because of what we have to say about the films and about TCM. I am not interested in this thread taking on the appearance of a vanity project.

The only "mugs" anyone should be THAT interested in are the new coffee mugs.

Kyle In Hollywood

Message was edited by: hlywdkjk

Hey, it was just an idea. Mostly because so many of you looked simply... *fabulous!*

But to avoid putting anyone in an uncomfortable position, how about we let the guest programmers who post here, if and when they wish, post screenshots of themselves from the promos and/or intros? That way nobody will see their face in this thread if they don't want to? Fair enough? :)

Moviefan, would you mind taking off the photo below? We started this thread with a feeling of trying to bring the others here a look into the adventures of what happened at TCM. And the photo...well, it rather disrupts it.

*I don't see any necessity in cluttering up this thread with screenshots from TCM's promos for the Anniversary Event.*

YES!!! This being one of the few threads I still read, I can definitely do without waiting for the page to load a whole mess of photos.

To lzcutter, just NEEDED to 2nd your motion on Mongo & I've known him-(even off these superb forums) about 8 years now & his dedication to the birthday section & more recently that stunningly captivating-(I for one cannot take my eyes off of them!) "CANDIDS"-(P.S. It even immediately drew this fan to go to that exact site & put in SAVES,etc) He & I also have had a project now-(don't think he'll mind me writing of-it) "Alternate OSCARS"-(just sent some off to you as well & truly would love your own input, especally given I respect it so!!!) Though his "ASK MONGO THREAD" is one I've rarely had time to check-out, yet Like an imbecile I thought you folks' still were going to film the special, DUH. However, you mention below something of a party on stage & meeting rest of the gang. I see the date you posted this & am still a bit confused?

(PLEASE HELP STRAIGHTEN THIS PT OUT) As for (Filmlover) I'd love to know him a bit better BIG-TIME!

Which day will he be on? Mongo told me which 1 he was on the "NP Guide" shot I've not been able to read all pages here & is his name (Jon?) If so, to (Filmlover) please do also contact a bona-fide cinephile & fellow TCM-ITE! & CONGRATS to you as well As sev. know I've kept files on everything film, loong before going online & would also LOVE some of your own pix

Also, is 14yr old (Juan) on these forums too? It said his own idol is>Fred Astaire Very refreshing in this era when most kids his age would likely rate the likes of>Jack Black, Chris Tucker-(not C. Rock, he's ok at least) & Ashton Kutcher as GENIUSES?

Thanx again

Message was edited by: myidolspencer

Spence,

The party on the *Essentials* stage that I reference in my last long post was held that Sunday night after all the other Fan Programmers arrived in Atlanta. There are a couple of different accounts of the evening throughout the thread.

The trip to Atlanta for all of us happened in early November of last year. We are all kind of hop-scotching around the events of that week in sharing our stories but if you start reading the thread from the beginning that will probably help answer many of your questions.

And there is an account or two from Mongo as well.

To Filmlover, I now see what flick you selected & a couple of your personal all-timers-(NOTE: KUDOS for 1989's OSCAR winner for Best Foreign Language Film>"Cinema Paradiso" (Italy)

*"Casablanca' goes without saying of course-(have you as yet checked out the Burbank Airport where it's legendary finale was shot? I could actually see & even photograph it from quite a distance in 2005 Now called the Burbank/Glendale Airport) I caught "Those Lips, Those Eyes' around 1982 on late night tv Though it's been yrs Poor OSCAR contender for 1984's 8 time sweeper>*"Amadeus" Thesedays it appears he cannot even get arrested-(see 1993's "Fearless" & "Parenthood" '89. Plus of course "Aimal House") Would love to also know other favs & I've always been more interested in a moviebuffs favorite performers-(reckon' it's just me or something)

EXAMPLE>Mongo & Stanwyck-(which in early 2001 was also Mr. 0sborne's own favorite lady!)

Anyway, please drop me a line soon as you come up for air, like the others selected-(Still don't understand why Mr. Burdell was not among them though)

Thank You

Cin=MEMORIALIZED?

I already had wallpaper made of the group picture. Now I just have to stalk...I mean...find all of you to sign your names on each roll. That's not to weird is it?

HA!

My signature is going sale in e-Bay for 2.5 trillion. I'm not sure what the others will charge.

Rome's separate fan testimonial aired today, after Zorro's Fighting Legion's last chapter! It ran about 1 minute 45 seconds.

It was a great spot. Rome, you came across terrific. I hope I do as well. I wonder whose is next and when it will air?

I have yet to see any promos or testimonials, just ads for the DVD guide. I guess I'll just have to wait for April 13th.

Cinemaven,

Your Fan Testimonial just aired before *The Essentials* and you were great! The park background with the film clips playing behind you was really cool.

And you said so many great things about film, about loving film and about Hitch!

Big thumbs up!