Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Betty Hutton Film Release Petition

Hello everyone,

I know Betty Hutton is more or less an acquired taste for many people, but I'm hoping that even if you're not a big fan, you can put that aside and help be a part of a project to finally get her lost films released on DVD, which in turn may open the door for a variety of other lost films to be released on DVD.

A petition has been created addressed to Universal/Paramount to get these films released, so please consider signing the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/bhutton/

This is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Signed... Betty Hutton starred in 2 of my favorite 40s films: THE MIRACLE OF MORGAN'S CREEK and THE PERILS OF PAULINE. She was a super talent who could, when necessary, reign in her manic comedy persona, and give a great dramatic performance or sing s ballad with the best of them, notably "I Wish I Didn't Love You So."

> {quote:title=wward wrote:}{quote}

> Hello everyone,

> I know Betty Hutton is more or less an acquired taste for many people, but I'm hoping that even if you're not a big fan, you can put that aside and help be a part of a project to finally get her lost films released on DVD, which in turn may open the door for a variety of other lost films to be released on DVD.

>

> A petition has been created addressed to Universal/Paramount to get these films released, so please consider signing the petition at http://www.petitiononline.com/bhutton/

>

> This is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

I don't usually sign these things. I'm always afraid someone is up to no good and will use my info for a nefarious reason, and if my PC is somehow hacked or whatever, then shame on my, but.... I signed it only because I like Betty Hutton so much.

> {quote:title=ChelseaRialtoStudios wrote:}{quote}

> Probably my favorite film appearance of Betty was in this Command Performance two-reeler:

>

>

I just watched the interviews and and all I can say is, I hope Betty made total peace with her family before she died and found the love she was looking for. I just wonder if her children will ever write a book about her, and, if so, I hope they are kind.

Thanks for the link. :-)

I signed the petition and as much as I would like to see the Hutton films on DVD, it seems doubtful knowing Universal's track record. Also, I doubt if the Hutton films would sell that well unless the company did plenty of special marketing. I think this petition needs to be signed by hundreds of people before it is sent to Universal. I am still waiting for Vol 2 of the Deanna Durbin set. And I can't believe Paramount has not released LET'S DANCE (I own the laserdisc) in which Hutton co-starred with Astaire. Although that studio is hopeless by releasing many of their titles over and over again.

> {quote:title=Edgecliff wrote:}{quote}

> I signed the petition and as much as I would like to see the Hutton films on DVD, it seems doubtful knowing Universal's track record. Also, I doubt if the Hutton films would sell that well unless the company did plenty of special marketing. I think this petition needs to be signed by hundreds of people before it is sent to Universal. I am still waiting for Vol 2 of the Deanna Durbin set. And I can't believe Paramount has not released LET'S DANCE (I own the laserdisc) in which Hutton co-starred with Astaire. Although that studio is hopeless by releasing many of their titles over and over again.

Yeah, most of these kinds of things are doubtful at best, but if I can help, why not? lol We can only hope someday the studios through the magic of the internet will provide, for a nominal fee, download access to every movie ever made. That doesn't sound so far fetched to me. lol