Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Personaly, I think TCM blew it on St Patricks Day

TCM had a day long line up of westerns...Thats right westerns.

They are showing The Quite Man at 8:00 PM EST, which at least they got that right....and that is followed by Irish movies until 6:00 AM......That may be OK, if you live in California, but as far as Eastern Standard Time goes, most of these movies will be shown on March 18th.

So in Eastern Standard Time, TCM loaded up March 17th with good old cowboy westerns. Theres alot of Irish movies they could have shown and didn't. ....They are all lined up to show Irish movies early on March 18th, which isn't St Patricks Day......and it leaves me wondering if they actually pay somebody for this kind of silly programming.

So not much Irish movies on St Patricks day....But Happy March 18th.....So when people got out of church and were having lunch, it might have been nice for TCM to show an Irish movie, but instead it was an old western day, per whoever programs this stuff......Now tonight as many are sleeping, they will slip in the Irish movies at 2:00 AM on March 18th.......As the Guiness commercial says...Brilliant !!!

Happy March 18th everybody.

Message was edited by: WhyaDuck

Photobucket I didn't get the idea behind the westerns, either, but, technically, TCM doesn't have to appease we Irish on St.Paddy's Day. I can't get upset with them, and still love 'em, I just didn't watch anything on there today, and I don't think I'll watch The Quiet Man tonight. I've seen it a lot and not but a few weeks ago on TCM, so... I will stop pop in now and again to catch a few scenes that were just brought to my attention about family members of the stars and such who were in the cast. Pretty cool, and I just gotta check that out! Photobucket

> They are showing The Quite Man at 8:00 PM EST

Well, "The _Quite_ Man" sounds like QUITE a good movie. I'd even be happy to watch "The Quiet Man". ;)

georgiegirl - those leprechauns of yours are QUITE lovely :)

> {quote:title=route66 wrote:}{quote}

> > They are showing The Quite Man at 8:00 PM EST

>

> Well, "The _Quite_ Man" sounds like QUITE a good movie. I'd even be happy to watch "The Quiet Man". ;)

>

It reminds me of Rick's line to Annina in CASABLANCA, when she asks what kind of man Captain Renault is: "He's just like any other man, only moreso."

*It reminds me of Rick's line to Annina in CASABLANCA, when she asks what kind of man Captain Renault is: "He's just like any other man, only _moreso_."*

"...moreso," should be "more so."

:)