Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Marnello

Ingrid Bergman - the Best of the Great Ones

I would like to see some Ingrid Bergman movies. All I see are military and westerns. For crying out loud, show some good Bergman movies please. I would like to see Bergman in The Inn of the Sixth Happiness, Indiscreet, and Saratoga Trunk. Thank you.

Hi Marnello,

I did a quick search and found 12 Ingrid Bergman movies scheduled to show in the next 3 months:

(all times Eastern)

*Goodbye Again*

Apr 06, 11:30AM

*Intermezzo: A Love Story*

Apr 07, 09:30PM

*Spellbound*

Apr 11, 04:30AM

*Rage In Heaven*

Apr 24, 10:00AM

*Goodbye Again*

May 08, 09:15AM

*Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde*

May 30, 08:00PM

*Bells Of St. Mary's, The*

Jun 01, 04:00PM

*Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde*

Jun 02, 06:00PM

*Casablanca*

Jun 07, 02:30AM

*Notorious*

Jun 27, 08:00PM

*Spellbound*

Jun 27, 11:15AM

*Gaslight*

Jun 28, 02:15PM

LOL! ILoveRayMilland, I had the same expression on my face.

Lady Ingrid is and always will be one of my ALL-TIME favorite actresses.

And to johnbabe, I LOVE Greta too:D

My ALL-TIME favorite eurobabes are: Ingrid, Greta, Marlene Dietrich, Simone Signoret & Catherine Deneuve.

Miss Bergman just went up several notches in my estimation after watching her performance (for the lst time) in INTERMEZZO. She positively G L O W S..and she owns that movie. What a radiant beauty..great screen presence and such lovely eyes! I really didn't buy the love story between her and Leslie Howard...just no chemistry there...but she certainly held my attention all the way through the film.

I've seen her in BELLS OF SAINT MARY'S,FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS, SUSPICION, GASLIGHT (my fave), ANASTASIA, and CASABLANCA and look forward to seeing her other films as well. She had something indefineable about her...a majesty...a grace...that is SORELY lacking in the so-called "movie stars" of this day and age (with one or 2 exceptions).

Saratoga Trunk is the all time greatest Bergman movie, IMHO! She rivals Scarlett O'Hara in her portrayal of Clio Dulaine. It is a delightful romp unlike anything she ever did. She prances, primps, teases, throws tantrums, and is absolutely entrancing! I have watched that movie at least 10 times and will gladly watch it another 10! Her co-star is Gary Cooper who is a perfect foil. They bounce insults off of each other, throw things, and fall madly into each others arms! The rest of the cast is perfect! You will never see another movie like it cause there never was another one to come close to the story, the sets, the photography, the script, the direction, the acting, the stars, or the pace! OH, I could go on and on. I love Gaslight, and I love Notorious, but both of those films are HEAVY dramas. Saratoga Trunk sweeps you away into a dazzling and dangerous dream world of one outrageously daring and beautiful coquette bent on revenge! A must have for any film lover!

Annex20-20Cooper20Gary20Saratoga20T.jpg

2789120076_16f86dfdcf.jpg

port27.jpg

c.jpg

c1.jpg

Annex20-20Cooper20Gary20Saratoga-4.jpg

Annex20-20Cooper20Gary20Saratoga-5.jpg

Annex20-20Cooper20Gary20Saratoga-3.jpg

Annex20-20Cooper20Gary20Saratoga-7.jpg

Annex20-20Cooper20Gary20Saratoga-6.jpg

Annex20-20Cooper20Gary20Saratoga-1.jpg

Annex20-20Cooper20Gary20Saratoga-2.jpg

As a kid, the first time i ever saw Ingrid Bergman, was at Christmas time, snd she was a nun on tv!lol

Yes the wonderful Bells Of St. Mary's!

I have watched that movie every year since i was about 10 years old, i never get tired of it and never tire of watching Ingrid in anything she has done, she was a remarkable woman and actress.

It is so nice to see a thread on here about her, she is one of my all time favorites! FG

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

On a scale of 1 to 10, as an actress or as a beauty, Ingrid Bergman is an 11.

YES she was. She had the loveliest eyes, voice, and charming/elegant vulnerability. What radiance!

MissRetro: Those photos are AMAZING!

Ingrid is the best. She is absolutely my favorite actress.

BTW, I wanted to recommend to everyone one of my favorite blogs. It is completely devoted to Ingrid and is written by a very smart Ingrid fan! [ingrid Bergman Life and Films |http://ingridbergmanfilms.blogspot.com/ ]

Thanks, ILoveRayMilland:D

I added the Ingrid link to my faves.

AND

Thank you MissRetro. The photos are wonderful!

Great photos, MissRetro! :D

Don't forget TCM will show a Leo McCarey movie today starring Ingrid Bergman:

*The Bells Of St. Mary's* (1945) 4pm ET

A liberal priest tries to soften the strict nun running a boys' school.

Cast: Bing Crosby, Ingrid Bergman, Henry Travers, William Gargan Dir: Leo McCarey BW-126 mins, TV-G

Ingrid Bergman was fantastic. I love her in Casablanca and Murder on the Orient Express. She was a phenomenal actress and a beautiful woman, inside and out.