Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CelluloidKid

Woman changes jobs to pay tribute to Marilyn Monroe

*This is so cool. I used to live in Denver..and have lots of friends still there..& I go back to the Denver Film Festival each year. A friend of mine saw this bike...and met Karen Green ...I can't wait to see the photos when they are sent to me!*

*Woman changes jobs to pay tribute to Marilyn Monroe*

Posted by:

Dan Boniface written by: Jamie Kim

9NEWS.com - ‎Mar 12, 2009‎

*DENVER - There are lots of Marilyn Monroe fans out there. But probably not many can say they changed their career in order to pay tribute to the Hollywood legend*.

One woman in Aurora did just that so she could create a Monroe masterpiece on two wheels.

Karen Green has idolized Marilyn Monroe for years. She also has a love for Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Her dream was to combine the two passions.

"Well my house is done in Marilyn Monroe, so I thought the only thing to add to it is to have a motorcycle in the living room, and make it out of Marilyn Monroe," Green said.

Three years ago she started to make that happen. She gave up her job as an agent with ReMax and started working at Mile High Harley-Davidson in Aurora. That way, she could get discounts on custom parts and labor to build the bike of her dreams. It took a year to transform a Harley Sportster into a Monroe masterpiece.

Even with discounts, the custom work cost around $30,000, not including the cost of the bike.

"Everything you can do to this bike's been done with this," Green said.

There are several features she is especially proud of.

"The favorite part that I have is the back fender, there's a picture of her, and my brake lights are her lips," Green said.

Green will be showing off her creation, on a float in this Saturday's St. Patrick's Day parade in Denver. She herself will be on the float, dressed up, of course, as Marilyn Monroe.

"I'm just glad and proud to do this," Green said.

bike-model-03.jpg

*_TO SEE THE VIDEO_:*

http://www.9news.com/seenon9news/article.aspx?storyid=111608&catid=509