Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Kind Lady/Lady in a Cage?

I suppose there are some similarities; however, in Lady in a Cage, the title character is stuck in her little elevator while weirdos run through her place and basically have a good old time. In Kind Lady, the title character is kept prisoner while weirdos try to take over her house and sell off her possessions. I'm not sure which scenario is creepier. Have you seen both versions of Kind Lady ?

Maybe ripoff was the wrong choice of words, but you got my point. :-)

I know I've seen a similar movie but I don't remember the title or who starred in it. I kinda remember an older woman in the role. I'm sure there were more than a few made over the years since Kind Lady, or maybe before, with a similar plot. I've seen sooo many movies over my lifetime I can't keep track of all of them until someone triggers my memory.

Care to elucidate on the other one? ;-)

Kind Lady was remade under the same name in the 1950s, with Ethel Barrymore in the title role. This time around, Maurice Evans plays the con man. Keenan Wynn has a creepy part. I'm pretty sure this was a stage play before being made into a film.

I liked the Ethel Barrymoore version much better. I also thought the supporting cast was

very good. Maurice Evans, Angela Lansbury, Keenan Wynn, Betsy Blair. What's not

to like?!

Ethel Barrymoore is superb. I wish I could have seen her on the stage. Well, for that

matter, her whole family!

For a book, I wrote a piece on the Barrymores and stated the only thing that came close to the spectacular theaters in which they performed was their steller performances. :-)

Drew is truly blessed to be an offspring of such a talented family of stage and screen actors.

I bought a book at a book fair called "Memories:Ethel Barrymoore". I hope to read it soon.

The photos of her as a young girl and woman show those outstanding, beautiful eyes. She

was quite pretty.

> {quote:title=Bargar wrote:}{quote}

> I bought a book at a book fair called "Memories:Ethel Barrymoore". I hope to read it soon.

> The photos of her as a young girl and woman show those outstanding, beautiful eyes. She

> was quite pretty.

Hey, the book arrived today! I'm looking forward to reading it. Thanks! :-)