Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite Looney Tunes character?

With the Chuck Jones special coming up (tomorrow) and all the promos TCM has been running featuring the Looney Tunes characters, I got to thinking about which ones were my favorites growing up.

Almost everyone loves Bugs Bunny and doesn't like Daffy Duck. I am no exception. Those characters aside, I also always liked Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, and Pepe Le Pew.

Which other Looney Tunes characters did you like?

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> I am partial to Porky Pig, but it may have something to do with my love for hot dogs and bologna.

So watching Porky Pig makes you hungry? ;)

But I do agree with you - he was quite a ham. :P

Bugs could be quite subversive, you wouldn't see that scene made for kids today. And when I was a kid the Looney Toons were on TV endlessly, so you saw them again and again.

My sister and I would often say "An interesting monster should have an interesting hairdo" to each other for no reason, we just thought it was hysterical.

Message was edited by: ChipHeartsMovies, cuz good grammar will get you into Heaven.

I guess I liked Bugs, too, because he was subversive, but in a good-humored kind of way. (Although maybe Elmer Fudd didn't see it quite that way).

And I liked the Road Runner, too, because he was always just kept on going, almost oblivious about what the evil Wile E. Coyote was trying to do.

And I remember I liked the Road Runner song a lot, too. B-)

While I like Bugs, Daffy and many of the others already mentioned, the Chuck Jones created characters I like are Mark Anthony (bull dog), Claude (a cat) and Hubie & Bertie (mice). They were only in a few cartoons, but all were very funny.

> {quote:title=georgiegirl wrote:}{quote}

> Sniffles tugs at my heart strings as soon as he opens his mouth. lol

>

> The cartoon below was one of my favorites, but *there was another one similar made by another studio* that I think I liked better. I just can't think of who it was.

>

>

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOKsb07rgms&feature=related

Could be "Hollywood Picnic" from Columbia.

*No one character delights me more than Pepe Le Pew. He is the perfect lover.*

He is one unforgettable character, I suppose. ;)

I've just watched the Chuck Jones tribute, which is very touching, really, and was surprised to see the real-life source of inspiration behind some of the more memorable characters he created. Like Daffy Duck being sort of the opposite of what we're taught we should be like (not greedy) when we are growing up, or Pepe le Pew being the complete opposite of what Chuck felt like when he was around girls.

I don't know why it took such a long time for them to edit this material together, given that Chuck passed away in 2002, but I'm glad that they did, and I'm also glad TCM got to show it to us first. Now I'll just go on and watch all of the cartoons they've shown tonight. Some of them I haven't seen.... well for a very long time. ;)

No, the picnic is not it, but thanks! I never saw that one.

I remember the other one being in a night club also. I seem to recall Veronica Lake, Tallulah Bankhead and a few others not in this particular one, but it could be just my memory faultering and playing tricks on me. lol