Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Maltese_Falcon

WHV confirms Film Noir Vol. 5 DVD boxset

This is from today's live chat with the officials from Warner Home Video, in which someone asked them which titles were likely to be included in the FIFTH volume of Film Noir. They don't say which titles WILL be in the boxset, but they do say which 10 noirs will NOT be included:

My request is for a fifth film noir box. Given the tough economic times, it would be great if - like Vol. 4 - it featured 10 films, including: Riffraff, The Clay Pigeon, Armored Car Robbery, I Died a Thousand Times, The Locket, Stranger on the Third Floor, Born to Be Bad, and another few surprises. Also, it would be great if www.wbshop.com had a Uservoice page (see: www.uservoice.com) where your customers could make and vote for DVD and Blu-ray release suggestions. This would create a constantly updating interactive list that WHV staff could then comment on. I am not affiliated with Uservoice, I simply think it is a great way for customers to interact with companies they financially support.

The FILM NOIR V FIVE BOX is coming in a few months. NONE of the titles you mentioned are in the collection, but all of those titles are likely to show up through Warner Archive releases. So, it's a win/win situation. Lots more NOIR!

The good part, of course, is that those titles the person asked about will eventually be available though the Archives. I look forward to *Stranger on the Third Floor* and the other titles!

I hope this one will be out soon, and it's good to know it will most probably include another 10 titles from the WB/RKO/MGM library. Maybe some Monogram Pictures, too. ;)

Message was edited by: moviefan1951

This is going to be a GREAT set! I have no idea what movies are going to be in it, but I have confidence that it will be as good (if not better) than the previous volumes in the series.

Guess we have something to look forward to in the months ahead....