Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sean Penn plays Larry in 3 Stooges movie

Terrible news for 3 Stooges fans: Sean Penn(!) will play Larry and Jim Carrey will play Moe in the much-delayed 3 Stooges movie by the Farrelly Bros. I thought this movie had died in development...but no such luck.

Benecio del Toro as Moe - I love it. This is typical of the big studios' mindset. Take a classic Hollywood brand of the past, remake it, miscast it with 'stars' and spend $100 million. Usually a recipe for disaster.

As an "Official Knucklehead" (member of the Stooges fan club) I have only one comment: If you listen closely, you can hear the Stooges spinning in their graves!

To the producers of this movie: A great man once said "Why I Outta...!"

As an "Official Knucklehead" (member of the Stooges fan club) I have only one comment: If you listen closely, you can hear the Stooges spinning in their graves!

...And nobody could spin like Curly! And as Moe would say about the producers of this movie: "Imbe-siles!"

• 1 month later...

At one time I would have said Tim Allen for Moe and Stephen Wright for Larry. Curly? Well he broke the mold, eh? I'd wonder if Drew Carey could pull it off. Tim Kazurinsky might make it as Shemp.

• 2 months later...

*Sean Penn drops out as Larry of The Three Stooges*

Providence Journal - Jun 19, 2009

Sean Penn will not be one of the The Three Stooges or join Cartel.

A spokeswoman for the Oscar winner said he is dropping out of the films. Penn spokeswoman Mara Buxbaum did not specify a reason, but said if the start dates on the productions were to be postponed, Penn would remain involved.

Penn was slated to star as Larry in The Three Stooges from Rhode Island?s movie-making brothers, Peter and Bobby Farrelly, and as a man protecting his son in Cartel.

Last month, Penn withdrew his petition to separate from Robin Wright Penn, his wife of 13 years. They filed for divorce in December 2007 but dismissed that petition several months later.

In February, they were together at the Academy Awards, where the 48-year-old actor won for his role in the drama Milk.

From wire reports