Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vitaphone short on May 28 after "Farewell to Arms"

I'm new here, but found this forum in my search for information about a sort of vaudeville-ish short that TCM played on May 28 between "Farewell to Arms" and "Sabateur." There was a blonde singer who captivated my husband and I (resembles modern singer Deborah Harry) and we're going crazy trying to find out who she is! If anyone has any information, please email!

Apespecnet@aol.com

Thank you for your time!

April in Ohio

I think you're right, April! It was credited at the end as a Vitaphone Broadway Brevity - and the technique seemed a bit older than 1935, but who knows. The "eccentric dancer" credited for the film at IMDB is the guy they introduced, so maybe the year listed is wrong. Seems more like a 1930-32 production.

Of course I missed the beginning, I stepped away because I didn't want to see the Young Composers promo AGAIN or hear Sydney Pollack droning on and on about how great that awful TOOTSIE is....second best comedy EVER? Come on, the voters must not have seen many!

I agree that there's no way "Tootsie" should have been number 2 on AFI's list, or even "Some Like it Hot" as number one. There were funny movies like "Stripes" and "National Lampoon's Vacation" that were very funny and didn't even make the list so I'm a little skeptical of their lists. Especially when they ranked Katherine Hepburn over Bette Davis. That's just ridiculous.