Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM, Thanks for Things to Come

If it's the same one they showed on New Year's Day a year or two ago, I believe it was the restored version done by the British Film Institute and that was just beautiful. Up until then I had never seen anything but a very worn 16mm print and garbage public domain videos and DVDs so I agree that seeing it on TCM was, indeed, like watching a different film. Bravo TCM!

It's not "bravo, TCM," but "Bravo, MGM," which now owns the Alexander Korda library, including THINGS TO COME, whose rights have lapsed into the public domain, so there was really little incentive for the studio to do any restoration on the title, or even do a new transfer to video. It should also be noted that they recently also did a fine new transfer on Korda's THE JUNGLE BOOK, which is also in the public domain.

Now, if only someone could find the full 110-minute version...

> {quote:title=restoration_jr wrote:}{quote}

> It's not "bravo, TCM," but "Bravo, MGM,"

Not to take anything away from everybody involved in making the beautiful restoration available, but I stand by what I said *BRAVO TCM!*. They deserve it a pat on the back for showing it. I don't see any other channels lining up to run films like *THINGS TO COME*.