Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Path, you must of been in heaven I know I would be! I would rather meet Robert Osborne than any big superstar actor working today. I would be interested to know what movie titles were being brought up in regard to Sony.

Thanks for the feedback feaito & nick! The only Sony title I recall being discussed was "The More The Merrier (1943)" which, if you've noticed, is airing along with "The Devil and Miss Jones" on June 4!

Kudos to you path for a wonderful recollection of what must have been a wonderful day for you. Very interesting indeed especially since you got to meet the grand host of TCM Robert Osborne in the flesh.

I had a feeling he would be just as nice, warm and friendly as he is when hosting our favorite movies.

One thing for sure, you confirmed that the intros are taped in Atlanta, a question that has been asked more than a few times on the boards.

Thanks for sharing this with us and keep up the good work at your informative movie site.

Mongo

Mark you lucky dog! I can't believe it! Thanks so much for telling us about this incredible day! Wow, if I was ever on the TCM set, I think I would feel like I've died and gone to movie heaven!

And it's great to know that our old friend Bob is just as nice in person as he is on the station. I only wish he visited the boards once and awhile! And like Mongo, I'm so glad I finally know where the intros are filmed. I had often wondered if it was done in L.A. or in Atlanta. And if I'm ever down there, I'm gonna pay a visit - hopefully they let me in!

*** Blushing ***

you have excellent taste brackenhe

Actually, I have a face made for radio;-)

And yes, I live about 30 miles North of TCM's headquarters ... glad you enjoyed the article!

Oh, Path, I'm so envious of your visit to TCM! I've always wanted to go there and see what all goes on behind the scenes. Although we usually see only Uncle Bobby, we know there must be a crew lurking behind the scenes for everything to go so smoothly. If I were you, I'd pay them another visit with resume in hand and see if they'll give you a job there. You've certainly got the knowledge and love for movies. IF you get a job, get me one too!

Thanks for your responses mongo, moviejoe, and paty (drop me an e-mail sometime, O.K.?).

Before I posted my experience, I wondered if anyone would notice and mention that our host's voice sounded a little hoarse this month, particularly during the first couple of weeks of intros & outros. Since I knew about his condition, it was obvious to me as I've been watching them, though he also did a terrific job of hiding it. He mentioned that it was only the second time in 10 years (!) that he'd had laryngitis.

To path, not certain yet if you got a chance to

see immediate post I gave these folks-(soon as u sent link)

It was not of course a breakdown of your marvelous visit to TCM hadquarters-(thats for you of course) I just immediately wanted all to know of-it & posted it in "General D"

& you bet, I noticed Osbo & his voice that week.

By the way, you may have scooped-me on the 1943 OSCAR winner: "The More the Merrier?" have you seen-it elsewhere? *Charles Coburn won s. actor for-it-(actually, quite an upset over pundit's pick: Claude Rains in *"Casablanca") & sadly, *Capra's personal fav. actress: Jean Arthur's sole shot at "Oscar Glory?"

See ya' & hope to hear from ya'

Yes, I have seen "The More The Merrier (1943)", thanks to a recommendation feaito gave the film right here on these boards. I put it in my Netflix queue and saw it several months ago. I think it's amazing that Charles Coburn started his acting career so late, and yet made such an impact with many memorable classics to his name.