Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Screen Format complaint

Do you get Encore?

Encore had about 4 or 5 stations that show commercial free films- But they always whow the Pan-and-scanned versions... Once a while they show it LB'd

I have never seen TCM alter, in any way, shape or form, the aspect ratio (The actual shape of the image) of any film.

"How the West was Won" is shown exactly the way it was shown in theatres, you can tell by looking at the three "panels" where they joined all three cinerama screens.

When I first saw 2001, it was also shown that way, it was a Cinerama Theatre (which is a church now) - The screen was so curved, you had to keep turning your head left and right just to catch it all.

TCM is VERY good at preserving those films they actually "own" - I am glad they finally have the rights to show all the great Hitchcock films from the 50's - Rope, Vertigo, Rear Window.

Those films were actually restored due to help from "The 'Other' movie channel that-used-to-show-commercial-free-films-but-now-show-lots-of-commercials.