Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Full 9-1/2 hour version of "GREED" found in garage attic!

This is an amazing find!!!!!

*In the past 2 months one of our luckiest 'Beavers' were part of the team who are helping to restore the 'film find of the century' - the original, full, 9 1/2 hour cut of Greed (1924) found in Erich von Stroheim's niece Helga's garage attic stored there, unbeknownst to her, for over 60 years! This will be DVDBeaver's Signature Series spine #1 on Blu-ray - but restoration completion and rendering to high-definition isn't expected till approximately August of 2010.*

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/

I can't believe this legendary movie has finally been found!!!

And then again....

*Could the fact that dvdbeaver.com put this on its front page on _April 1st_ have anything to do with it?* ;)

Have fun reminding all those who only read your bolded text and think it's real that it's all a joke.

We went through a similar scenario last summer when a website announced that *London After Midnight* had been found. Turned out to be a hoax but for a week or more people here were all excited about the "find".

I have to confess, they got me pretty good. At least for a minute or so. Of all the sites I check regularly, dvdbeaver.com is probably the last one I'd have expected to pull an April's Fool joke like that one - nor do I recall if they've ever done it in the past.

It's too bad because for a while there I wondered what else might have been found in Helga Von Stroheim's garage attic. :P

> {quote:title=moviefan1951 wrote:}{quote}

> It's too bad because for a while there I wondered what else might have been found in Helga Von Stroheim's garage attic. :P

Jimmy Hoffa.

> {quote:title=scsu1975 wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=moviefan1951 wrote:}{quote}

> > It's too bad because for a while there I wondered what else might have been found in Helga Von Stroheim's garage attic. :P

>

> Jimmy Hoffa.

Ah, that darn elusive Jimmy Hoffa.

They seek him here. They seek him there. They seek him everywhere. Those nice officials want to know, where is he? Is he in heaven? Is he in hell? That darn elusive Jimmy Hoffa.

This is great news, I have always assumed that some of our lost silents will be found in peoples attics, garages, basements, etc. It just takes time and a lot of luck.

If they would to remake it today, I wonder will it be titled *AIG?*

> {quote:title=moviefan1951 wrote:}{quote}

> *Could the fact that dvdbeaver.com put this on its front page on _April 1st_ have anything to do with it?* ;)

That aint even CLOSE to funny!!! Anyone got their address so I can send the mafia hit men over?

(Sayin that you got the original 10-hr Greed and then having it be a April Fools joke... That is classless)