Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BARDELYS THE MAGNIFICENT & MONTE CRISTO

Guest dredagain

Estelle Taylor is the leading lady for MONTE CRISTO. Not sure I've seen her in a silent film before but she was around for talkies like CIMARRON, STREET SCENE, and CALL HER SAVAGE. I think she married a mogul and retired.

Ed,

If you scout around for it, you should be able to find a disc or two. I know that I have sent you more than one copy in the past. Probably have a few other Silents with her in them, but I am not sure what they are?

> {quote:title=gagman66 wrote:}{quote}

> I just mentioned WHERE EAST IS EAST to TCM programmer yesterday.

Excellent. I hope TCM would consider runnig it in the near future, as it hasn't been run since I taped it around 1995 or so.

Scottman,

I also mentioned THE VIKING yesterday, and on Thursday NAOH'S ARK, and TIDE OF THE EMPIRE. Hopefully, He will look into getting these rarely aired movies back on the TCM schedule sometime yet this year.

I probably should have mentioned THE PAGAN too.

Ed, Jill, Everyone,

No, I just reported on this the other day. Nothing is slated for TCM anytime soon unless that changes? Maybe it comes down to the score not having been ready until less than a month ago? I don't know? Anyway Chuck Tabesh said that He would talk with Jeffrey Mansino at Flicker Alley so maybe an air-date can be worked out? I'm a little disappointed that they hadn't planned a Prime-Time premier such as with the Abel Gance films, and Fairbanks A MODERN MUSKETEER last year.

Well, good news Jorge just repaired the Vita-phone track to DON JUAN!

Jill,

Jorge is very good at cleaning up those old Vita-phone, and Movie-Tone tracks. Making them sound better. He did the same thing with the vitage Erno Rapee- Lew Pollack score to FOUR SONS. and successfully managed to Synch it up with the Fox DVD version. Just not the same film without "Little Mother". Or the brillant treatment of the "Dying Soldier" sequence.

Jill,

What is Cool Edit Pro, and who puts it out? Also how do you ad color tinting? That is one thing I have not been able to do. Although, all my programs have tinted background stills and those look really nice.

http://www.adobe.com/special/products/audition/syntrillium.html

Unfortunately Cool Edit Pro has become Adobe Audition and they increased the price about 200 bucks over Cool Edit Pro! (for essentially the same program). I have been very careful to keep my registered disc of Cool Edit Pro handy and not to lose it when I change computers, so I can re-install it onto any new system I purchase.

I use Paint Shop Pro for all my graphics work. It's like a second skin to me now because I've used it for so many years. I tried Photoshop which everyone raves about but didn't like it. It wasn't as intuitive as PSP. Also PSP is A LOT cheaper than Photoshop and you can do the same things. It has an Animation program built inside it with which you can make AVI files to convert to MPEG.

Hey, btw, why didn't you answer my last email?

Jill,

Thanks for the link and the information. I have Photo-shop Elements it came with my graphics card in 2006, but I have never used it. Well, I tried a couple times but didn't seem to be getting anyplace, and it was just not sinking in? Can you tint Video with that? It has a bunch of processing features that are way over my head.