Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

> {quote:title=ArmandDuval wrote:}{quote}

> Hey Kid, that is none other than Marlene Dietrich driving that Auburn Speedster Supercharger!

Thanks, ArmandDuval. That makes a very nice accompaniment to the earlier long-shot pic.

> {quote:title=OldPackard wrote:}{quote}

>(Annoys my wife to no end when I suddenly shout "Holy Cow !!!! A 1930 Cord L-29 convertable sedan !!!!! I wonder where they shot that background to get something like that driving along in city traffic ?????? Personally, I think that both she, and the cat, have over-active startle reflexes.)

That may explain why your wife has been tossing bowls of popcorn or chips into the air. :)

> {quote:title=Kid_Dabb wrote:}{quote}

> *1935 Auburn Speedster Supercharger from Desire 1936* Unidentified driver.

> 734.jpg

Is that not the same car from the first Topper film? I know that car was used in several films and modified several times... In this pic, it is missing the "Fin" on the tail where the spare tire is on this one. But the basic body style, looks very much like the Topper car. That was probably the most attractive film car ever made (other than "Christine")

That looks like Myrna Loy driving - It's the hat that reminds me of her... Was she in the film mentioned?

Don't forget one of THE most famous movie cars: Norma Desmond's Isotta Fraschini! "The antique car used as Norma Desmond's limousine is an Isotta-Fraschini, and once belonged to 1920s socialite Peggy Hopkins Joyce. It was a gift from her lover, automobile magnate Walter Chrysler."

snapshot20061019231338br5.jpg

Lined in Leopard

snapshot20061019232039xs0.jpg

c05e7401e1.jpg

What it looks like today

d3e6de6927.jpg

fdc3917bac.jpg

Re: Tucker (automobiles)... There used to be one in the Harrah collection durning the 1960s and 70s. I last saw one at a collection in Maine a few years ago. There are only 50 in existance (49 from the factory and one assembled from factory parts. ) One was destroyed by a train. They don't change hands very often, but when they do......

> Nope, weAponX! This is Topper's car. Well actually, it is Geroge and Marian Kirby's car.

>

That's the Cord I was looking for earlier! I got sidetracked with the Auburns. Great picture. And with George and Marian *in* it! Thanks, ArmandDuval.

>Norma Desmond's Isotta Fraschini! "The antique car used as Norma Desmond's limousine is an Isotta-Fraschini, and once belonged to 1920s socialite Peggy Hopkins Joyce. It was a gift from her lover, automobile magnate Walter Chrysler."

>

> Lined in Leopard

Very nice pictures. Now, you've got me looking for The Yellow Rolls Royce.

A large popcorn and soft drink that the Kirby car is NEITHER an Auburn, nor a Cord ... (Both made by the same company.) But rather was based on a Buick chassis. ( I once read a funny article that told of how they rigged the car so that they could film the road scene where Topper was in the passenger seat and no one was behind the wheel....)

I won't dispute. Still, that's the best looking Buick I've ever seen :)

Here's a fuzzy from the movie:

*The Yellow Rolls-Royce* *1964* - 1931 Rolls-Royce Phantom II

886.jpg

Message was edited by Kid_Dabb because: hyphens can't move themselves

*1959 Nash Metropolitan 1500* - Marilyn Hotchkiss Ballroom Dancing & Charm School (2005)

<ahttp://img206.imageshack.us/img206/8878/ballroomdancingcharmschbl0.jpg>

<ahttp://www.imcdb.org/images/144/546.jpg>

I've always been fascinated by the strange beauty of these cars ever since I saw Lois Lane driving one way back in the Superman series. I couldn't find a good screenshot so I borrowed this from the Nash Car Club site.

54-56_7316sokyrka.jpg

Well, aren't those the cutest little thangs! I want one!

And, that yellow rolls is really somethin', but I liked it better when it was brand new and shiny!

Actually, I prefer Marlene's white Silver Cloud in Paris When It Sizzles.

Marlenesrolls.jpg

Marlenesrolls2.jpg

> Nope, weAponX! This is Topper's car. Well actually, it is Geroge and Marian Kirby's car.

>

Ah! But the design is pretty close... You sure the Kirby's car is a Cord? I heard is was a combination of a bunch of cars, not strictly a Cord.

Also, it WAS Toppers car... Eventually... Hahaha!

I guess he dumped the Cord when he hired Rochester.

I loved the way Mrs Topper screams

Its on the tip of my toungue...

Crikes, at the end of the film they give credit for it... I'll check IMDB,

Ah, here it is:

"Scottie's car is a white 1956 De Sota Firedome Sportsman Hardtop Coupe. Madeleine's is a green 1957 Jaguar Mk. VIII. Midge's is a gray 1956 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe."

> {quote:title=weAponX wrote:}{quote}

> "Scottie's car is a white 1956 De Sota Firedome Sportsman Hardtop Coupe. Madeleine's is a green 1957 Jaguar Mk. VIII. Midge's is a gray 1956 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe."

Thank you _so much_ for looking that up, weAponX! B-)

I thought both cars were really cool. :)

> You got it, Singleton! Hey.. you're right. The Miata is listed as MX-5, etc.

>

> 256.jpg

h2. Hahahahahaha ! ! !

And you found one in a starring role too! I had forgotten about this movie. My son reminded me that my old 323 is in Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift... No, I don't drive like that.

Message was edited by: Singleton

(We cannot write/repeat what the "Nickname' of Uma's truck was in "KB2") 1 thing is certain, this woman can virtually do anything & both she & David ("Bill") Carradine were "robbed' come OSCAR time of nominations!

According to every source there is though McQueen's "Mustang" in 1968's "Bullit"-(won Best Film Editing due to it's chase scene) DROVE sales threw the roof, reportedly

> {quote:title=calypsogal wrote:}{quote}

> Anyone know which car Jimmy Stewart drove in *Vertigo* ?

>

>Ah, here it is:

>

> "Scottie's car is a white 1956 De Sota Firedome Sportsman Hardtop Coupe. Madeleine's is a green 1957 Jaguar Mk. VIII. Midge's is a gray 1956 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe."

266.jpg

> 266.jpg

Ahhh! That is a THING of BEAUTY!

Thanx for posting that.

You know... I came across this at Walgreen's Pharmacy:

9c925344e5836bd351c4323d44708c591e469ac.JPG

Ain't that beautiful?

>

> You know... I came across this at Walgreen's Pharmacy:

> 9c925344e5836bd351c4323d44708c591e469ac.JPG

>

> Ain't that beautiful?

That's the *real* Batmobile! B-)

Those XKE's were (still?) the sexiest looking cars ever, imo. Harold's modification didn't affect it at all. Harold and Maude is a great movie, btw. I'm glad TCM showed it recently, I just wish it were shown more often. Maybe twice each decade.. :)